Respected Contributor

Love of My Life Lipstick arrived today!

I posted a week or so ago about having lucked out ordering a sell-out lippy by Lisa Eldridge.  Shipped Monday (7/29) and arrived this morning.

How can one describe perfection?!  It is by far -  bar none - the smoothest application ever.  It glides on with little to no pressure and delivers beautiful color with one swipe.  It feels like a balm but not slippery, gummy or tacky.  This is my first experience with her lipsticks, but it won't be my last.  HeartHeartHeart

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Valued Contributor

Re: Love of My Life Lipstick arrived today!

@pommom So glad you love it! Such a beautiful color too. I read she's doing a second batch in October of the summer pinks.

Respected Contributor

@pommom   Let us know if it lasts too!

Laura loves cats!
Respected Contributor

@pommom wrote:

I posted a week or so ago about having lucked out ordering a sell-out lippy by Lisa Eldridge.  Shipped Monday (7/29) and arrived this morning.

How can one describe perfection?!  It is by far -  bar none - the smoothest application ever.  It glides on with little to no pressure and delivers beautiful color with one swipe.  It feels like a balm but not slippery, gummy or tacky.  This is my first experience with her lipsticks, but it won't be my last.  HeartHeartHeart

Do you know if any of the lipsticks is a dupe of Audrey Hepburns lipstick in the movie Breakfast at Tiffany's? I know she  recently bought her lipstick case  at an auction with a tiny bit of lipstick  in it and after came out with her own lipstick.

Honored Contributor

@2blonde wrote:

@pommom   Let us know if it lasts too!

@2blonde  @pommom  - I'd like to know about the staying power too.  How long does the product stay before you have to reapply?

Esteemed Contributor

That's a beautiful color! Which is a Plush Velvet. She also has an Insanely Saturated lipstick, which probably has more staying power.

Valued Contributor

IF you're interested in Audrey Hepburn lipstick - "Pink in the Afternoon" by Revlon was specifically created for her to wear in one of their ads.  The name is a takeoff on one of her movies - "Love in the Afternoon".  

http://www.fromplatetopen.com/2015/02/revlon-pink-in-afternoon-girl-shouldnt.html

Honored Contributor

@pommom . Where did you purchase these from? Thanks! They sound beautiful and I am a lipstick junkie!

Frequent Contributor

I want to get my hands on the Velvet Ribbon lippy, they sold out so fast!! I keep checking back to see if/when they might be restocked! Smiley Frustrated

Respected Contributor

@cuddlesmama 

The Go Lightly shade is most definitely the closest to the Audrey Hepburn lipstick she bought at auction.  There is a video of Lisa comparing the two.  Frankly, I wouldn't be able to tell them apart it's that close.  Have fun!

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown