Regular Contributor

Love my Philosphy Fresh Cream but...

I purchased the Fresh Cream shower gel, body souffle and the spray.

I loved using the gel last night, and the body souffle, but the spray! It is sooooo sweet, that my husband said I smelled like our local bakery!

I thought this was suppose to just leave a lingering light odor?

I love the first two, and only used a spritz on my robe and pillow, but OMG it was sooo overpowering! Back it goes!

Honored Contributor

Re: Love my Philosphy Fresh Cream but...

My last purchase of Philosophy has been my last purchase. I have loved the Falling In Love scent and purchased a lot of it prior to Coty taking over the company. My last purchase was a set, supersize perfume (not cologne), supersize bodycream, supersize body scrub. The fragrance never lasted. The perfume had no discernible oils (necessary for fragrances to last) and the body cream had NO SCENT whatsoever at the halfway point in using it. I couldn't believe it. I would open the jar to NOTHING. It was like putting crisco on my skin. The body scrub was nice, but again, scent did not last even when layering all of these at one time.

My last Philosophy purchase. BTW, that set on a TSV special was nearly $100 with shipping and handling. $100 dollars.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

to me the perfume is light and not noticeable

Contributor

I agree with the OP...I too love the shower gel and the body cream and hand cream...so soft and yummy...

I do like the dry down of the Fresh cream scent ...but only after a long dry down ( lol )...For me initially it is too potent, but for me its more about the alcohol scent ...I kind of feel some of this line's spray fragrances come out with a lot of alcohol smell...

I do love Pure grace though very very much...as well and Summer Grace...both so good...

Trusted Contributor

That's the problem with kits of all kinds, you don't always like everything in it. However, in your case, two out of three isn't bad, you say you like the shower gel and soufflé. For me, the postage alone wouldn't warrant sending it back in that case. I'd enjoy the first two items and find another use for the spritz. I use the spritz in the bathroom, and it works great as an air freshener for the entire house - you might want to give it a try before you return it!
Respected Contributor

I just never liked the Fresh Cream or Snow Angel. Too strong for me. I love the Pure Grace spritz...even spritz my hair but the oil spray I feel I have to rub in and I can see it if it lands on my counters. I am enjoying the new Sweet Vanilla Fig spritz.

Valued Contributor

While I like FC, I do find that if I layer too much with this one I feel it gets too sweet. I like the lotion by itself. And the shower gel by itself. But if I put it all together with the spritz, eh. I don't like it.