Esteemed Contributor

Re: Love Shawn's Hair

[ Edited ]

Well,excuse me ,it may be my age,(old) but I do not think the dress code here is good.

Powers that be need to step in and have a dress code.

Many hosts look like they are out for an "Evening" not dressed for selling a product. I get lost in my thoughts of why they are in "gowns"  or why the low cut or cut out tops,ect....

WAYYYYYY off shoulder,,very low cut,even strapless, side slits extra high or any other type of what I would call ,"Evening Dress"   just to sell a product!  Especially a food item or cleaning device..........

It tends to be distracting and I find myself thinking about what they are wearing/why they are waring it  and not even giving a thought towards the product  they are selling!

(btw..she does look very pretty)

Esteemed Contributor

@makena wrote:

@TY wrote:

Shawn's hair does look nice on tonight's The Find show. So what hair dryer did the QVC stylist use? The Dyson that she's selling now (she has a freebie Dyson one that she didn't buy) or the Calista hair dryer that she's always plugging on QVC too?

1.  How would anyone know what hairdryer was used?

2.  How would you know she got the Dyson one free and didn't purchase it?

It's not a corporate secret that the hosts are given samples of products sscheduled to be presented in shows they are hosting.  I know some handle items like it's the first time they are seeing it, but that would be because they didn't do their homework. No doubt almost every female host, but particularly the Tuesday and Friday Night Beauty hosts, and the Beauty IQ team, would have been given a Dyson hairdryer to test.  BTW: magazine editors and corporate level buyers for stores get similar perks from companies. 

It's also not unusual for QVC hosts to use hairdryers, stylers and products which they will be presenting on the day of the presentation.  It's good salesmanship to say my hair was styled today using such and such.  

Honored Contributor

@Trix wrote:

@makena wrote:

@TY wrote:

Shawn's hair does look nice on tonight's The Find show. So what hair dryer did the QVC stylist use? The Dyson that she's selling now (she has a freebie Dyson one that she didn't buy) or the Calista hair dryer that she's always plugging on QVC too?

1.  How would anyone know what hairdryer was used?

2.  How would you know she got the Dyson one free and didn't purchase it?

It's not a corporate secret that the hosts are given samples of products sscheduled to be presented in shows they are hosting.  I know some handle items like it's the first time they are seeing it, but that would be because they didn't do their homework. No doubt almost every female host, but particularly the Tuesday and Friday Night Beauty hosts, and the Beauty IQ team, would have been given a Dyson hairdryer to test.  BTW: magazine editors and corporate level buyers for stores get similar perks from companies. 

It's also not unusual for QVC hosts to use hairdryers, stylers and products which they will be presenting on the day of the presentation.  It's good salesmanship to say my hair was styled today using such and such.  

It also wouldn't surprise me in the least if Shawn didn't come right out and say she was given the dryer.  I have heard her say such things in the past about other products and I've heard the same from other hosts. 

Jill has mentioned getting freebie Philosophy products that hadn't even hit the market yet and were still in the generic white packaging.   

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Looks the same as any other night. 

@Kachina624 ITA. Just has a little curl to the part hanging in her face. Her hair reminds me of Herbie on Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer every time I see her.

@Nightowlz  It always reminds me of Kate Goslin when she went through the phase with half her hair hanging in her face.  We ridiculed her terribly; she matured and outgrew it. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I guess when they changed the forums etc. my posts dropped back to zero. I've been on here since we were able to post and shopped from the beginning.