Honored Contributor

Re: Love Pure Grace but will not buy because too watered down.

Clean Ultimate is a very good dupe for Pure Grace.

Respected Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

Another sad former PG lover here!  Thank you for the suggestions posted.

I was wondering if any of you have run into this.

I was recently in Sephora.  Sprayed 'Falling In Love' on my wrist.  I absolutely loved it!  All day I was sniffing my wrist and could smell a beautiful soft fragrance!!

So on EZ pay day, I ordered a bottle from Q.  Sprayed it. NOTHING but an alcohol smell which also was gone in 30 seconds.  I sprayed my whole body!  While finally getting a faint smell of the true fragrance....again....totally gone immediately.  I sent it back defective as it was truly just water and alcohol.

Have any of you ever noticed BETTER quality Philosophy scents staying power while purchasing at a B & M?  Or was it all in my mind?!  LOL  I swear the Sephora scent stayed with me all day!  Is it possible for the 'value' size at Q they are dumbing it down?  Is it possible that Q gets lower quality product?

Would love to know if anyone else has experienced this happening or have you found Philosophy to be just as poor quality everywhere?

TIA!

In the past, people have mentioned the TSV was an inferior product meaning watered down. You might be on to something, will check this out.

Respected Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Thank you, that is what I was looking for.

Honored Contributor

@panda1234 wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

Thank you, that is what I was looking for.

Glad to have helped, I have always felt these 2 smell pretty much the same, give it a try.

Respected Contributor

I had Amazing Grace a few years ago, when Christina owned it.  It was very nice, and I LOVE musk.  However, I couldn't smell it on myself much.  Recently, I tried it and liked it, but the reviews all state it doesn't last.  I resorted to an oil musk from a healthfood store.  They have many light scents, all natural, if you want to give that a try.  Oh..they LAST!!

Honored Contributor

@panda1234

Thanks!

If you do the 'experiment' comparing B&M and Q Philosophy scents staying power........let me know!  I'd love to hear your opinion!!

I'm going to try it again myself!  LOL

Just want to know if I was nuts or not!

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Shelbelle

Thank you very much for the suggestion.

I was wondering where you purchase?

Honored Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Shelbelle

Thank you very much for the suggestion.

I was wondering where you purchase?

I would try ebay or amazon, if you dont like going that route, try FragranceNet or Scentiments.

Occasional Contributor

If I could offer my recommendation, I found that the original Jennifer Aniston fragrance smells nearly identical to Pure Grace. I love Pure Grace so when I first discovered Jennifer Aniston's fragrance, I immediately fell in love with it. There is a slight difference between the two, with Pure Grace smelling more "soapy" (that clean white soap smell). Jennifer Aniston is a little softer/smoother. And the great thing about JA's fragrance, it's so easy to find at a discount price. I found a 1.7 oz at TJ Maxx/Marshall's for something like $15

Regular Contributor

I have found that there is a huge difference between the eau dr roulette and the perfume. I have retired the eau De toilet. But love the perfumes I got on auto delivery I think last year. It's a huge 4 oz bottle. Pure grace is my absolute fav. Along  with falling in love.