Honored Contributor
On 3/30/2015 Margo Channing said:

17 years and still going strong! I will NEVER be without this brand, ever. Simply the best and moderately priced products that actually, you know, WORK! I'm a happy camper!

That is awesome! Just reading these boards and seeing how many people frequently move around to different lines it is very rare to see people actually stick with something for more than a few months let alone years! That is a testament to how well the products must work for you. Smile

Trusted Contributor
On 3/30/2015 JeanCA said:
On 3/30/2015 fritzee said:

Went crazy this weekend restocking isomers. I have some all-in-one product that is really 2-year borderline. Have any of you noticed that isomers stops working at the two year mark, or am I a marketing fool.

I remember manuela mentioning that her products are good for around 2 and 1/2 yrs but guaranteed for 2 yrs?

I don't think it will last 2 to 2 1/2 years. I just tossed out a Stem Genesis Plasma Eye that I'd only had about 8 months and had not used. Went to use it and it was all dried up in the bottle! Plus I was going through my stash and some of the ingredients in the bottles separated and seemed to glop up if you know what I mean. So IMHO, I wouldn't stock up a lot thinking the product will be fine in the bottle that long because it might not be.

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!
Regular Contributor

I am not sure how ALL of these vendors KEEP saying the SAME thing when asked how long their product is good for........... HSN, QVC, EVINE - 2 years AFTER opening

The product is good for 2 years AFTER opening - so does that mean I can have a product UNOPENED for a drawer for 1, 2, 3, 4 years and open it AND it is still good

I don't think so -

I would NEVER use a product EVEN if UNopened that was sitting around for 2, 3, years - 1 gal here said she opened a bottle she had and the ingredients were separated AND 1 was goopy (sp)

I buy a product AND use it - if I have over stash which might be 1, 2, bottles of say a face serum, I use one right after the other - if I am buying another that 1 goes behind the 1 I have so I am always using the older one AND many times I will put a post it note on it with a date when I received it

Please no one attack me for this post - it is just MY opinion Smiley Happy)))))

Regular Contributor
On 3/30/2015 UMDTerpFan said:
On 3/30/2015 JeanCA said:
On 3/30/2015 fritzee said:

Went crazy this weekend restocking isomers. I have some all-in-one product that is really 2-year borderline. Have any of you noticed that isomers stops working at the two year mark, or am I a marketing fool.

I remember manuela mentioning that her products are good for around 2 and 1/2 yrs but guaranteed for 2 yrs?

I don't think it will last 2 to 2 1/2 years. I just tossed out a Stem Genesis Plasma Eye that I'd only had about 8 months and had not used. Went to use it and it was all dried up in the bottle! Plus I was going through my stash and some of the ingredients in the bottles separated and seemed to glop up if you know what I mean. So IMHO, I wouldn't stock up a lot thinking the product will be fine in the bottle that long because it might not be.

Thank you, I am fairly new to isomers started with her anniversary special last August. If that's the case I won't stock up. I really like her products and her kits are great value but if your products were less than year old and having issues I better not.
Valued Contributor

I have always stocked up on Isomers and have never had anything go bad within 2 yrs.Been doing this sense 2006...I try to use up opened by at least 13 months and unopened by 26 months from day of purchase..I write the dates on them so i know..I store my stash in a cool closet..If your house gets hot in the summer that can make them go bad sooner i think.

Trusted Contributor

I can't believe I missed Manuela! How did that happen? I know she always come in right after Dimitri?

That TTV is $61.00 on her website now. What was the Evine TTV price?

I read somewhere ^^^^ up there about shelf life. Listen carefully when either her or Dimitri state shelf life. They loudly say "2 year shelf life"....and then add "unopened" at some other point later in their ramblings. Unopened = 2 years.

What I have never had them answer (and I have e-mailed) is "what is the life of a product ONCE OPENED"??? Neither has ever answered me.

I knew about 'unopened, so I am careful not to open too many bottles at a time, even if I want to try everything out.

So be careful Wink.

Trusted Contributor

MidNight, writing on the bottles is a good idea! If only I was organized enough to remember to do that.

Manuela bottles her stuff in brown bottles for the "light" factor. She has mentioned keeping stuff in a dry (as in not in the bathroom) area, and if possible, in a cabinet that stays dark inside. I take that to mean even though the brown bottles, light can possibly degrade the product.

Respected Contributor
Keep the unopened bottles in the frig. It won't hurt any of the ingredients. A freeze/thaw test is one that a new formula typically goes through anyway to see if the emulsification and preservation systems measure up.
Super Contributor
On 3/30/2015 BellaCarro said: Keep the unopened bottles in the frig. It won't hurt any of the ingredients. A freeze/thaw test is one that a new formula typically goes through anyway to see if the emulsification and preservation systems measure up.

Good to know. Many vendors recommend not to. I never understood that.

Respected Contributor
On 3/30/2015 Crisso said:
On 3/30/2015 BellaCarro said: Keep the unopened bottles in the frig. It won't hurt any of the ingredients. A freeze/thaw test is one that a new formula typically goes through anyway to see if the emulsification and preservation systems measure up.

Good to know. Many vendors recommend not to. I never understood that.

I guess there are items that shouldn't be for some reason but I can't think of any oil in water formulas. But, just watch, tomorrow I'll read some article and eat my words. But, really, many DIY formulators keep their oils and butters in the freezer. Water only products wouldn't work since water forms crystals, but even that is in a freezer rather than frig. I've been keeping hyaluronic acid serum and a carbomer concoction in the frig since I didn't want to add preservative yet. They're fine.