Respected Contributor

Re: Lotions and potions that claim to be anti-wrinkle

I have been very favorably impressed by the first Korres product I have  bought, their Meno-Reverse cream. I tried three samples of it and thought it worked, and it does. It makes my skin look better, the wrinkles and saggy areas less so, once it's been on a while. I don't care that it's not a huge improvement or that it may not be cumulative. It gives me a boost, and that's the point for me. No peculiar tightening of the skin or inability to smile without spoiling it.

Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

Porcelain hit the nail on the head.  Yes, my face is like a vintage handbag.  If I'm sick and skip skincare for a few days my skin pays the price.  At that point it will drink in moisturizer and I have to use more than normal.  

LOL I just realized I accidentally kind of, sort of referred to us all as old bags! I am sorry. Seriously. Really hope no one was offended. I wasn't even thinking of that when I wrote it.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@mintedrose  I did not see the show but those photos of before and after are a joke.  The after can be touched up.  Today, I do not think you need to spend big money on skincare when there are so many brands that have excellent skincare for a lot less.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

@depglass wrote:

Porcelain hit the nail on the head.  Yes, my face is like a vintage handbag.  If I'm sick and skip skincare for a few days my skin pays the price.  At that point it will drink in moisturizer and I have to use more than normal.  

LOL I just realized I accidentally kind of, sort of referred to us all as old bags! I am sorry. Seriously. Really hope no one was offended. I wasn't even thinking of that when I wrote it.

No worries, @Porcelain. I have a very, very old authentic Hermes handbag that I've neglected, and your post made me think of that. So if we're all old bags, let us be vintage Hermes!

Honored Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

@depglass wrote:

No worries, @Porcelain. I have a very, very old authentic Hermes handbag that I've neglected, and your post made me think of that. So if we're all old bags, let us be vintage Hermes!

I love Hermes! Don't own any but love to admire it from afar. By all means, let's be the very finest Hermes! Heart

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr