Honored Contributor

Re: Lotion for Scars

[ Edited ]

@sktchy @Shanus You and I are getting the name of the Covid shot mixed up with the scar cream!

The correct name is MEDERMA!

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@sktchy @Shanus You and I are getting the name of the Covid shot mixed up with the scar cream!

The correct name is MEDERMA!

@Love my grandkids   Thanks for the correction. Guess Covid on the mind. Lol

Esteemed Contributor

I am the proud owner of lots of surgery scars.  A dermatologist is who to see if they are acting up or painful.

Moderma has no good clinical trials to back it up and derms scoff.

A good Derm has several solutions up to and including reopening.  Go see one.

Respected Contributor

@wagirl  that's exactly what two orthopedic surgeons have recommended to me over the years. Works well.

Respected Contributor

One other suggestion would be Tamanu Oil.   I remember decades ago  Lauren Hutton had a horrific motorcycle accident on one of the Caribbean islands and they applied it to her.   She said it helped her tremendously and even sold it for awhile.

I've used it a number of times and it has been the best thing to help fade scars.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I had a very bad looking scar on my forearm from an accident I had long ago. I used a microneedle on it for several months until it became less noticeable. Microneedling scars is a well-known treatment to reduce the look of scar tissue.

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I had a very bad looking scar on my forearm from an accident I had long ago. I used a microneedle on it for several months until it became less noticeable. Microneedling scars is a well-known treatment to reduce the look of scar tissue.

@SilleeMee I have been micro needling my face for awhile now.  Never thought to use it on my scar.  I have a small scar on my forearm from a dog bite years ago.  I used the Mederma cream for awhile and it did nothing for me.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@SilleeMee I have been micro needling my face for awhile now.  Never thought to use it on my scar.  I have a small scar on my forearm from a dog bite years ago.  I used the Mederma cream for awhile and it did nothing for me.

@Puppy Lips 

Check out this White Lotus blog for info about how to do it:

"Microneedling for Surgical Scars and other Scars FAQ"

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

FYI it's not what oil or lotion you use but the massaging of the skin that breaks down scars.  I was told this by a plastic/cosmetic surgeon years ago.  He said use motor oil if you want to.  He was kidding of course but I got the point.  I always use Vitamin E oil.

Esteemed Contributor

@FranandZoe wrote:

FYI it's not what oil or lotion you use but the massaging of the skin that breaks down scars.  I was told this by a plastic/cosmetic surgeon years ago.  He said use motor oil if you want to.  He was kidding of course but I got the point.  I always use Vitamin E oil.

@FranandZoe Thank you - I did not know this.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead