Honored Contributor

Good evening ladies. 

Hope everyone had a nice day.

I am looking for a lotion for my knee scar. 

Is Moderna the best?  If not, what would you suggest?

Thank you

Respected Contributor

Vitamin E oil

Honored Contributor

Re: Lotion for Scars

[ Edited ]

@monicakm Yes yes and yes! About 10 years ago I took a fall and landed face first on a small cement block thing. Got a big cut  to my upper lip and a broken tooth.

My fab dentist made my tooth look like new and recommended Mederma. I went to Walgreen's, which they had locked up because it was kinda spendy, got a small tube (only size) for $20. Used it several times a day and after about 2 weeks there was no sign of the damage, which was so bad I wouldn't leave the house for a week.

After all these years there's still no sign of the damage.

ETA the correct name which is MEDERMA!

Esteemed Contributor

Mederma Advanced Scar Gel | Walgreens

Honored Contributor

@monicakm   I would ask the Pharmacist at the drug store.  I have always found that they know about the best products.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

I have a horrendous forehead scar after a bad fall several years ago.  I am going to try Moderna this week.  

I also have two 4 inches long on each arm after two skin cancer removals.

Respected Contributor

Vitamin E works great and so does Argan oil.  I had a bad scar after some pre-cancer removed.  It even had kind of a pucker.  It took several months, but now it's hardly noticeable.

Honored Contributor

How about opening a vit E capsule----heals that type of thing pretty well--I used it on my broken wrist scar---

Honored Contributor

Re: Lotion for Scars

[ Edited ]

You might look into silicone sheets (a type of bandage) for scar healing.  

I seem to recall you don't care for prescription strength Retin A/Tretinoin in your skincare routine, but some food for thought.  My first experience with it was many years ago, following some minor facial surgery (mole removal). The derm prescribed it for scar prevention and it worked like a charm.  Eventually I strayed from the Tretinoin. In late 2018, I had ACDF surgery (cervical vertebrae fusion). The incision was in my throat area, off to the left side.  The surgeon did an excellent job and purposely cut within a wrinkle, but I could still see it.  A little over a year later, in early 2020, I decided to resume Tretinoin in my skincare routine.  I thought, if the Tretinoin worked on my facial incisions, what the heck, I'll try it on my neck. I've been consistent with it and it's like the scar has been erased, along with the neck wrinkle it sat in.  

Honored Contributor

@monicakm   Moderna is the best and recommended by derms for scarring. Hope you're on the mend.