Honored Contributor

Re: Lorac lipstick and gloss set on other channel

I was really tempted by this when I first watched the presentation, but then I looked at the pictures on the item listing.  The lipstick is thick and shows every line on the mouth.  I hate that chalky look of lighter shades too and the lighter glosses seem to create that.  The Granny color is hideous.

Honored Contributor

What a strange name for a lipstick.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

I like LORAC eyeshadow and blush, but their lipsticks are for the birds. I received 2 in kits I got, and even though they say they are satin, they sure look and feel matte to me. I can't imagine what their matte is like - probably so dying they would turn your lips inside out. Also, one of them was from the Spring collection Beauties Who Brunch, and right out of the box it had that stale taste and smell you get from lipsticks that are on the verge of expiring. 

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Carol Shaw created this brand. "LORAC" is "CAROL" spelled backwards.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Carol Shaw created this brand. "LORAC" is "CAROL" spelled backwards.

@SilleeMee, I was talking about the shade named "Granny." It seems like a very counterintuitive marketing decision.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

I own a few of the Lorac lipsticks, no glosses though. My favorite is Granny. I don't think the lipsticks are dry or thick. They are moist and feel really nice on the lips. I had to refrain from buying as I have so many "new" lipsticks to use that I couldn't justify the purchase right now. Otherwise I would have been all over this one.

Super Contributor

@Leeny wrote:

I own a few of the Lorac lipsticks, no glosses though. My favorite is Granny. I don't think the lipsticks are dry or thick. They are moist and feel really nice on the lips. I had to refrain from buying as I have so many "new" lipsticks to use that I couldn't justify the purchase right now. Otherwise I would have been all over this one.

I agree, I love the Lorac lipsticks and glosses. I use the Granny color almost daily. I think of it as more of a nude, doesn't look orange on. Lorac eyeshadow palattes are another favorite. They have the best colors and go on very smooth and last all day.