Not applicable

Re: Looks like another year of ""all Lisa all the time"".......

I feel the same way and really can not watch her for too long anymore. For the most part it all feels and sounds contrived. She keeps pushing the same products over and over again. It has become old. Also, I have never seen anyone look at themselves in the camera more than her-she just can not get enough of herself. I know it is all about the bucks there, and who generates the most of it, but I personally have never looked at Lisa as being the wardrobe, beauty and jewelry authority she touts herself to be or someone I wish to "copy" or emulate.

Super Contributor

On 2/9/2014 SunnyinSEPA said:
On 2/9/2014 Krissie62 said:

It's not really all Lisa all of the time until she starts doing cooking shows.

And the ""In-home Care"" shows.

And an hour of D & C.

Contributor

On 2/10/2014 Beejene said:
On 2/10/2014 Jes16 said:

Wow, if that's not bashing, I don't now what is! If Lisa was not performing her job in a way that the company was happy with, I'm sure she would have been long gone! There are plenty of other places to shop if you don't like things here. I think a lot of these nasty comments are routed in jealousy. Can't you find something better to do?

This doesn't belong in Beauty or anywhere for that matter.

What are you the Lisa Patrol? As soon as someone makes a comment that someone like you doesn't like, you label it bashing. Actually many of you on here behave like a bully. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. The OP was not bashing at all!!!!! She would like to see other hosts participate in these events. Your not going to force people to hold back on their opinions by acting like a bully. If you don't like what she had to say, then don't respond to this post - go participate in another conversation.

Well said! So many on here call all negative comments bashing and yet feel they can say terrible things to the people who made the comments. Do they think that makes them better people? I don't think so!

Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}On 2/9/2014 Krissie62 said:

I am 51, single, no children, earn my own money, take care of myself, and I am fine with that. Not looking for a man to support me, don't regret not having children. I've watched Lisa since she first came to QVC. I've always liked her, I don't worship her. Never thought twice about any of this until I started reading this board, at which point I was amazed at the vitriol aimed at her (and other hosts), with specific digs taken because she is single, has no kids, no SO that we know of, and dares to travel, excel at her job, have ambition, seem happy, like nice things and want to keep her house clean.

Number one, we don't know Lisa, we only know what we see and what she allows us to know/see. We assume the rest.

Number two, here in America, in 2014, any person can live their life however they choose, and sometimes the life you are living may not be what you thought it would be or what you thought you were choosing at the time, but that doesn't mean it isn't a happy, fulfilled life.

It is hurtful to read the things other women say about this successful woman who she doesn't apologize for who she is. Whether you like her or not, it would be nice if she could be seen as someone to be respected for her success. I have no doubt she has worked hard to get where she is, and I promise you it was not and is not easy. She is not a failure or a bad person because she has no man, no children. These are old standards, and if anything, to do what she's done without the support of another person is all that much harder. Trust me, I speak from experience.

If you have or had daughters, friends, sisters, Mother's, who, for whatever reason, found themselves on a not so traditional life path from the past, and they were able to build successful lives and careers on their own, would you want other women to constantly tear them down for it? Or would you wish for them to be supported by their fellow women, as we all should be and do for each other? This habit of tearing each other down is something we could all afford to let go of. Life is hard enough for EVERYONE, and the nastiness enriches no one.

I do agree with you , you are so right!!!

Regular Contributor

Thanks to all of you who came to my defense! I tried to state my case for more diversification in hosts in a positive way. Never did I expect all of the personal, nasty attacks that came my way. Some of the people on this board are cruel and nasty in a way I haven't experienced since middle school-very immature.

gypsy2 you stated exactly what I feel.

I for one am done posting on these boards-I cannot take the personal attacks for simply stating my opinion.

I have noticed lately the people who like (no it's beyond like it is obsession) Lisa are really getting ridiculous. You cannot mention her name without being attacked. I really think they feel if they buy everything she sells, dress like her, decorate their house like her, workout like her, etc. -they will somehow miraculously look like she does. I don't get it -I really don't. The ironic part is - she doesn't wear the clothes she sells. She wouldn't be caught dead in this "middle class" garbage!

Valued Contributor

On 2/11/2014 ivey said:
On 2/9/2014 SunnyinSEPA said:
On 2/9/2014 Krissie62 said:

It's not really all Lisa all of the time until she starts doing cooking shows.

And the ""In-home Care"" shows.

And an hour of D & C.

she's done in home care and d & c shows. she's done food shows too.

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?" Hillel
Occasional Contributor

I'm not even going to read all of these posts because it's very clear that while you rip the OP to pieces for having an opinion and that's what it was an opinion, you don't see that you're doing exactly what you accuse people of doing to Lisa. So what if not everyone love, love, loves Lisa and so what is some of us are sick of her, that doesn't make anyone a hater or jealous, it just means their opinion isn't the same as yours. There are a lot of bullies on this board and some of you just did a number on the OP, are you proud of yourselves?? Do you feel better now....and really how are you any different than the people that really don't like Lisa and I'm not including the OP because she clearly stated it was not a bash. People can watch something else if they don't like it and you can also open another thread if someone's opinion doesn't agree with yours...what's the difference. Some of you have bad mouthed other hosts here and said they couldn't handle some of the programs Lisa hosts...and this was different than saying something against Lisa because??????? I don't post here much but that's my two cents for what it's worth!

Regular Contributor

Thanks SandyBeaches! Thanks for defending my right to an opinion. I don't know if it's the harsh winter or what - but the bullies on this board are out of control. It's like high school!

Frequent Contributor

On 2/9/2014 Venezia said:
On 2/9/2014 just bee said:

Nope, no bashing here...

Don't you just love it? Starts off by saying she "likes her" and ends with "I am tired of Lisa, Lisa and more Lisa". Seems contradictory, doesn't it?

Instead of starting a thread in the "Q Talk" forum to ask for more diversified programming, it's a complaint about how much time Lisa is on. Did it have to be personally aimed against Lisa?

(Or any other host for that matter?) Pass the popcorn! {#emotions_dlg.bored}

I wouldn't say it's contradictory. Haven't you ever liked a song that the radio played too much?
Super Contributor

One of my favorite sayings about bullies is, "You can dish it out but you can't take it." The bashers are the bullies but can't see it. If Lisa could defend herself on these forums she might say everything those who defended her stated. The women who defended Lisa did not start the thread. They merely defended a woman who is not allowed to speak for herself. Why would anyone concern themselves in terms of whether or not people want to emulate her? Not one person who defended her made such a statement. I'm new to these boards but have been a long-time customer. I agree with the person who said it saddens her to see women make such cruel statements about another woman. On another note, the first few comments made my day!

The deer chewing popcorn (Here we go again)

Jan Brady is that you? And the woman rolling her eyes and dropping her head. It feels good to know there are so many level-headed women on this board with a wonderful sense of humor. I laugh out loud whenever I think about those posts.