Esteemed Contributor

Re: Looks like another year of ""all Lisa all the time"".......

On 2/10/2014 MurphsMom said:

Lucky Charm - maybe with over 5,000 posts you need to work on improving your life instead of taking the time to post over 5,000 times on these boards-just sayin'...

In all fairness, Lucky Charm has accumulated that post count over a 6yr period. Hardly excessive, IMO. Usually it's the friendliest, most helpful posters who have a high post count.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Respected Contributor

I'm new to the Q. Didn't know who Lisa was until one evening the channel was on as background noise. Heard her talking about a purse. I didn't need another purse in my life. But my attention was caught because she hit on every feature that I would have had a question about before making a purchase. Straight, to the point, information. No filler, no giggles, no piffle, just information. Realized this was someone who did their homework. That's what I want in a host. And for anyone to comment on anyone's personal life, be it a host or fellow poster, shame on you. Shame on you!
Super Contributor

On 2/10/2014 MurphsMom said:

Lucky Charm - maybe with over 5,000 posts you need to work on improving your life instead of taking the time to post over 5,000 times on these boards-just sayin'...

At least she didn't CHANGE her name in order to make it look like fewer...{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Frequent Contributor

I so respect her for being a hard worker. She does not depend on a man. She works she is not lazy. Could be the other hosts are not interested in the hours. Lisa is good at what she does. I admire a person who works hard and is responsible.

Valued Contributor

Are we all still in high school? I have 4 daughters and have seen more drama on this thread than I ever went through with them! If you don't like Lisa...DON'T WATCH HER!
Honored Contributor

On 2/9/2014 Luvmycats said:

WHY is everyone bashing this post? Nothing mean was said.....It's a fact that QVC gives Lisa all of the opportunities and I think it's disgusting and very disrespectful to the other hosts- No one host should be singled out.

And I think it's business. Most organizations are hierarchical and most broadcast operations have their lead anchors, stars, whatever you want to call them. Why would QVC be any different? It's neither disgusting nor disrespectful. It simply is the way things work in most businesses and I feel certain the hosts all realize that when they sign on. It's a job for them, not a family where they're all equally loved by mom and dad.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Frequent Contributor

complaining is a right...i agree with whoever started this thread.....i am totally tired of her.........there are other hosts just as good......use them...........................

Occasional Contributor

cancel

Contributor

I used to get tired of her as well. My solution, I change the channel whenever she is on, unless it's something I am seriously, seriously considering purchasing right now. Then I check to see when another host may be presenting it and watch then, or, just pull up the item and read the reviews and descriptions. I understand your post, I used to love Lisa as well, but I just simply got tired of her being on all the time with all the specials, as if no one else is good enough. So I do the same thing with the "Q" that I would any place else, I protest with my dollars and won't buy anything from her while she is presenting. Plus, you'll enjoy not seeing so much of her and that will solve the problem. I don't care if they don't miss my money, or me viewing, it makes me feel better. I agree with you, it's simply just too much of what my mother refers to as "a good thing". Being southern, one of my favorite expressions that I used to hear people use when I was growing up, "too much sugar for a dime". Just try it, you'll love it.

Respected Contributor

Happy New Year!