Respected Contributor

Looking forward to losing grey hair

I am not arguing with anyone who chooses grey hair.  But this lack of access to hair care has really played with my self esteem.  I am dieting, and one of my incentives is putting on nice clothes and going to hair salon.  Haven't been able to do it.  Causing real disruption to my diet plan.  Not making excuses.

So, my hair is grown from its shorter style, I have grey roots, icky texture, and grey mixed in and around my face.  I hate how I look.  I feel washed out and so old looking.

I am really fair, and maybe that's why I feel I look so washed out and bad.  My stylist informed me that the texture issues I hate are improved with hair color deposited.  This has really proven to be true.

I am sure I am not the only one who has this feeling.  For me, it comes on the mix with needing boosts to stay with the weight loss plan.  I don't like how I look.

Hyacinth

Honored Contributor

Re: Looking forward to losing grey hair

[ Edited ]

I hear you sister, I'm waiting rather than doing it myself, because there is too much gray. I normally go every 4 weeks, so between my bob being out of shape and the nasty gray, I resemble the sea hag. 🤣.  However, I'm well and not going out much anyway, so I will wait. Sigh. 😟

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

@hyacinth, ITA! I'm in desperate need of a good cut and color! Just ordered 4 baseball caps to "hide under"! There's something about having our hair cut/colored that really helps with our confidence level!!!
Honored Contributor

@hyacinth003 

No, you're not alone.  Yes, some may say it's vain...whatever.  I know how you feel about the gray hair.  Before I got my color done my gray took over & I looked like the dickens (as my mama used to say, a.k.a. terrible)!

I just recently got my color done & I INSTANTLY felt better.  I always feel better about my physical appearance when I have on a full face of make-up, hair done (no grays flashing), nails & pedi done.

Hopefully, you will be able to get into the salon soon. Smiley Happy. You will feel like a new woman.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

my hair is naturally gray....one thing i'm not worryjng about....but i needed a haircut 2 months ago!!

Frequent Contributor

I LIive in missouri ! I just had my hair cut and colored and also pedicure !! Happy feeling good again ! Good luck to all feeling wonderful again!!

Honored Contributor

Getting by on Root Rescue once a month. Have enough for a June and July treatment. Hope to visit Target by August.

Trusted Contributor

I hear you. But I am not close to being able to go out to a salon. My part of PA ( not far from Philadelphia) still has numbers surging. The good news is that with a mask, baseball cap, and sunglasses, only my neighbors know who I am.  lol. I feel sorry for my cat who has to look at me. Because I am/ was a cancer patient, I have a wig that is very close to my regular style and color. But I look almost too nice in a world that is filled with messy, gray hair just as I see in the mirror when I roll out of bed every morning. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I live in Colorado and our hair salons opened on May 1st. I had my hair cut and colored on May 9th. I felt so much better. My hair looked terrible. I feel for those that are on stay at home order. 

Esteemed Contributor

I look like the wreck of the Hesperus. That's something my Mom used to say. Unless you're well over 60 you might not have ever heard it. Bottom line is that it means I look like h*ll. Then there's my nails, that's a whole other mess.