Honored Contributor

Re: Looking for the perfect red lipstick!

@Baylie wrote:

I want a red lipstick that is soft ( not the only thing people notice) looking but it needs to stay on longer than a lip gloss. I have dark brown hair and eyes and I can't get away with a nude lip (too washed out) but I can never find just the right lipstick to wear with red tops. What are your favorite red lipsticks? Thanks!

Healthy Lips in the Sheer lipstick collection by Laura Mercier is beautiful.  It's not a red but has red in it.  It would be perfect as it doesn't scream "here are my lips."  Test it out at Sephora, Nordstorm, Neiman's or Saks.  I own just about  all the sheer lipstick collection by LM.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@Jacie wrote:

I love Lipstick Queen Medieval! Very wearable!

Me too, the perfect sheer red.

Me three.  Wearable for even the fairest of skintones.

Valued Contributor

I purchased Lipstick Queen Medieval and completely forgot I had it!!! Thanks for the reminder! Will try it today. 

Contributor

Tatcha brought out a red lipstick last year that I believe is still available on their website.  i think it's called Kyoto Red.  It's supposed to be formulated for any skintone and its a true red.

So far, I've been able to wear it when I've been pale, tan, brunette, blonde and a little bit of eveything in between so it seems to be flattering for a lot of different looks Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

I go back and forth between Ruby Woo and Russian red from MAC.  I had a MAC makeover in Nordies and those are what the artist recommended for me. Said they work on just about everyone.  Hope you find something.  Red is such fun!

Honored Contributor

Matte Crimson by Clinique is good.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

I like orangey red if not straight up orange.

Love the OCC Harlot

I get more compliments on this color than most...