Esteemed Contributor

Looking for temporary hair color... brights as in blue or lavendar

I have silver white hair so making the product show up or TAKE is not the issue.  I just  don't know what to buy and where to get it.  I look and see nothing in local drug and box stores. Any help would be appreciated.  I also want something I can wash out in a few shampoos.  Hate to be blue or lavendar or whatever for too long a period of time.  I only want to do a few strands.  I am near a Sallys but have not been in.  Probably my last ditch effort.  I am rural so stores are a distance. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Looking for temporary hair color... brights as in blue or lavendar

[ Edited ]

You might be better off just with the easy to wash out spray stuff that sits on the surface of your hair. It's true to color also. 

Products like Manic Panic don't absorb well on virgin hair and they don't completely wash out quicky. They gradually fade but tend to stay for a long time with a light residual pale shade of the color. If you swim in a pool though, the chlorine will remove it a lot faster. I have lots of experience with Manic Panic, both on virgin hair and on bleached hair. 

All having silver hair means is that you don't have yellow, red or brown to blend with the vegetable dye, it doesn't make absorbtion of the dye easier or faster. Virgin hair resists vegetable dye whereas bleached hair absorbs vegetable dye more. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

bonnie---I wouldn't touch my hair on my own if I were all silver; but go to a reputable hair salon for a consult first. Do you like your color? Is it a nice shade of silver? Maybe yu just need a new style. I think silver hair is lovely; I have mousey brown with grey in it so am not thrilled with my color at all. It would be worth a little $$ for some pro advice first.

Respected Contributor

if you a re just looking to do no-commitment peek-a-boo highlights you could try using a demi with 10v developer . ION Color Brillance Brights or Gemstone Brights  at Sally have Lavendar shades.   you can mix with Clear  for a sheer glazed effect. semi and demi color will gradually fade off.  Clairol Jazzing is  a semi, no dvelper needed.  there is a Fuschia Plum shade. it may be a bit darker than you like.  ask the SA at Sallys. they may say you need at least 20v for silver/gray.  that means permanent color though.    i'm going to try peekaboo color in the fall after my damaged ends are grown out.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Love my hair color.  Just wanted to play around with one streak.... not the whole head.  My silver gets me all kinds of complements however there have been some funny or not so funny situations as in young people treating me like I need a wheel chair... not kidding. 

Honored Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

Love my hair color.  Just wanted to play around with one streak.... not the whole head.  My silver gets me all kinds of complements however there have been some funny or not so funny situations as in young people treating me like I need a wheel chair... not kidding. 

I wouldn't take a chance with my new white hair (😜). If you'd like to just add a streak of color, why not a clip in extension...come in all colors, brights, too.

Side note: Adding a blue or lavender streak may work the opposite for you. You may look like a silver haired lady trying to look "younger" than your age. Nothing is more aging than that!!! Accept your compliments and ignore any negatives. Be proud of who you are...You know you're not headed for the wheelchair, so why let it bother you? 

Honored Contributor

What's aging, is acting like you're too old to do what you want and enjoy life on your own terms. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

What's aging, is acting like you're too old to do what you want and enjoy life on your own terms. 

I'll be enjoying life until I get the hint my funeral plans are being made. There still comes an age when wearing or doing certain "things"can be confused w/ demensia.