Trusted Contributor

Looking for round brush dryer under $50

I have short hair. It's chin length in front, shorter in back. I'm letting the layers grow out in back and I need a round barrel dryer brush for volume. I have medium thick hair but it's fine. My usual flat irons and curling iron isn't giving me the look I'm after. I have looked at a lot but it's just hard to figure out what I need based on reviews. Some have big, hard to hold handles but do what they should. Some are reliable and easy to use but only add shine and smoothness, not volume.😕
Can anyone point me in the right direction? I'm going to try to add a pic of the style I'm going for. Thanks beauty board ladies 🤗
Honored Contributor

Re: Looking for round brush dryer under $50

I always go to Amazon first, to look around. There are many options.  Just use their search feature.  Once you find what you like, do some price comparisons with other places you shop from. 

Trusted Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch
I don't shop A.
I'm looking for recommendations from products known by beauty board ladies. Ty
Trusted Contributor

Screenshot_20240120-094708.png

Valued Contributor

It may not be exactly what you are looking for, but there is a hugely popular and very well rated, and affordable dryer brush, by Revlon but it is the oval type of style. I own it the only complaint I have is it is Very loud.

Respected Contributor

@ajsidney12 wrote:

It may not be exactly what you are looking for, but there is a hugely popular and very well rated, and affordable dryer brush, by Revlon but it is the oval type of style. I own it the only complaint I have is it is Very loud.

@Midmod I have this dryer and I like it very much.  It is not very expensive and I have had it for at least 5 years or more.  I don't know if you would be able to achieve the look you want with just the dryer though.  I don't see it making large loose curls.  I use mine to get a smooth straight look. 

Honored Contributor

@Midmod 

I purchased from Q, Calista go-go and like it a lot. Easier for me to handle!

A621192

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Trusted Contributor

@LTT1
how's the volume feature using this? Do you get big-ness lol?
Respected Contributor

@Midmod wrote:

Screenshot_20240120-094708.png

@Midmod .. Is this the look you're trying to achieve?    Just take into consideration that when you see hair styles on the web they are probably done by professionals.  

Honored Contributor

@Midmod 

I believe I misunderstood?

This does not blow air...have only used on dry hair...and no I have not gotten volume...just gentle "curve"

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~