Trusted Contributor

Looking for recommendations on essential oil purchase

Hi to everyone. I've never purchases an essential oil before & I see that everyone & their brother is selling it. I want some lavender for relaxtion/sleep aide. Can anyone recommend a certain brand or company that they've purchased from? Thanks in advance for your kind replies.

Honored Contributor

Re: Looking for recommendations on essential oil purchase

This may not be exactly what you're looking for, but there's a Skinn botanical mist with lavender that Dimitri James (owner & creator) recommends.  You're supposed to mist the area around your bed.  You can purchase from the Evine website as a single bottle or in sets that actually include an eye covering sleeping mask.

Super Contributor

I recommend Mountain Rose Herbs.  Everything I've purchased from there including salves for asthma and oils to help a relative keep her skin healthy as possible while going through radiation for breast cancer have been winners.  The majority of their products are cold pressed and/or organic and they've done herbal events with some of the top herbalists, which is how I discovered them. 

I used to see Aura Cacia (sp?) essential oils in my drugstore before CVS took it over but never tried them.  My aunt told me about a brand called doTerra and she loves the Bitter Orange I believe it is, though I forgot what she bought it for.  She'd started with one to make sure she liked the company.  I have a lot of places bookmarked from hearing they are good for oils or carrier oils, but Mountain Rose Herbs is the only one I've used personally and aside of that, random ones picked up over the years at health food stores,  If you find some good ones, let us know!

Valued Contributor

Eden Gardens have wonderful oils...I have about 25 of them and the quality is very good...Amazon has them or go to there website.10 ml is 6$ and change and the 30 ml is 12 something..

Respected Contributor

@Katmary wrote:

I recommend Mountain Rose Herbs.  Everything I've purchased from there including salves for asthma and oils to help a relative keep her skin healthy as possible while going through radiation for breast cancer have been winners.  The majority of their products are cold pressed and/or organic and they've done herbal events with some of the top herbalists, which is how I discovered them. 

After looking into EO I learned that MANY if not MOST EO out there are not true EO- despite the price.  I then started to research independent testing of EO and did learn that Mountain Rose Herbs consistently tests well for purity.  Much better than some of the very expensive brands I have.  

The price of Mountain Rose Herbs EO are very reasonable for the qualitity....a bonus!

PS-- I also use lavendar EO to calm my pets.  It works well especially for fireworks which upsets my dogs.

Honored Contributor

One of my best friends is a massage therapist and she uses Young Living essential oils. She feels that these are the most effective essential oils on the market in terms of healing properties. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

ITA that Mountain Rose Herb is very good.  I also buy a lot from Camden Grey and have found them to be of excellent quality and really great prices.  They also have a great selection of carrier and exotic oils.

Honored Contributor

I buy my oils at iherb.com.  I purchase the "Now" brand.  iherb ships free with $20 purchase and delivery is fast.  They have lots of organics and natural products like shampoos, lotions,etc. that are very nice and reasonable prices.  Cat HappyCat Happy

kindness is strength