Honored Contributor

Re: Looking for nail polish recommendations

Essie Bordeaux or Lippmann Lady is a Tramp.

Trusted Contributor

Zoya Riley 

Esteemed Contributor

China Glaze Ravishing, Dahling

Image result for china glaze ravishing dahling

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Respected Contributor

@Abrowneyegirl wrote:

I am looking for a deep red, oxblood nail poilsh.

Please NO OPI, I have natural nails and can not wear OPI- it flakes off the edge of my nails no matter what base/top coat they use.

@AbrowneyegirlHave you ever had shellac? I have been doing it for several months and I love it. No chipping. I have been using CND polish. You do have to have a light but they are pretty cheap at Walmart. Polish, cure and ready to go for about a month.

I know some people says it makes your nails weak but if you take it off right, which soaking, I haven't had any problems. My nails stay long and nice.

Honored Contributor

I have tried EVERYTHING when it comes to nail polish trying to find one that actually will not chip the next day! My new very favorite is Essie Gel Couture! It'll last practically a week, which is quite phenomenal for me! I do use a base coat and the Essie Gel Couture top coat. 

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

@VenturaHighway wrote:

@Abrowneyegirl wrote:

Please NO OPI, I have natural nails and can not wear OPI- it flakes off the edge of my nails no matter what base/top coat they use.

@AbrowneyegirlHave you ever had shellac? I have been doing it for several months and I love it. No chipping. I have been using CND polish. You do have to have a light but they are pretty cheap at Walmart. Polish, cure and ready to go for about a month.

I know some people says it makes your nails weak but if you take it off right, which soaking, I haven't had any problems. My nails stay long and nice.

My nails are always painted and ONLY OPI comes off my edges.  Per an OPI rep. it is because they do no formulate for natural nails.

I use gel polish only when traveling, but no matter what I tend to have problems with it causes nail splits and cracks after I use it.  So I use it sparingly.

Respected Contributor

@ID2  I also love this collection!!!

Honored Contributor

@Abrowneyegirl wrote:

That happens to me with Butter London.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

Saw this online, and I have to say I do this the brush with Sally Hansen- nice and thick it lays down the polish easliy.

Cinna-Snap

Regular Contributor

main image

Zoya Courtney