Honored Contributor

Re: Looking for nail color line that is healthier and not so full of chemicals

@FastDogWalker2 

Thank you for recommending this!

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd 

I know of this company but didn't know they made nail polish. Thank you!

Respected Contributor

Another vote for Pacifica nail polish. Got mine at Ulta

Harmonize the World
Honored Contributor

Vitacost also sells Pacifica.I use their eye shadows, all vegan. Zoya has a much larger selection of polish shades. I love the ones I get from Zoya that are reds with just a hint of sparkle in them. I get find good deals on Zoya on ebay. 

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1   I used to use Sally Hanson's , but can't find it easily anymore, so now I use Supernail Buffing Cream.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie 

Thank you!!!  I just got a new Vermont Country Store catalog yesterday and they had a set of a buffing chamois and some cream.  I don't remember the price but I will have to check it out, too. 

Trusted Contributor

I just got Dior Nail Glow from Sephora.  It's expensive but I use 1 coat, it dries fast, and I like the 1 coat.  It just gives my nails a little color.  I tried 2 coats and didn't like it at all.  Actually, when I first put it on it has a bit more tint than I would like but the next day (I do mine before bed usually) it's just natural but better.

I wash my hands so often at work that color polish just doesn't last for me.  So base coat, polish, top coat is just a waste of time.  I've only used it for a couple of weeks so not sure how it will be for the nails over time since I think it is only 5 free.

Valued Contributor

I have used Londontown and Deborah Lippman and neither lasted 24 hrs on my nails, and this was before we were washing our hands every minute due to viruses.  Surprisingly I tried Revlon's new vegan formula and it is a onecoat, quick dry polish that can last me almost a whole week. I had no hope for it, but I tossed all the other ones I noted above and it is almost all I use now.  I know it isn't necessarily healthier to be vegan, but it is an option.  

Essie also had a good natural based polish I cannot seem to find lately, but that would be my first option if I could find it!  And like the Revlon formula, it lasted a week.  Regular Essie barely lasts a day for me without chipping.

Honored Contributor

I just started using Deborah Lippmann and I love her polish.  It dries really fast and comes off really easy with any polish remover.