Esteemed Contributor

Looking for makeup that shines on the face

Seems there is a new trend... a face that seems to shine.  No I don't like it but am wondering where I can buy it... brand name.. cost... I have a costume party of sorts that we will go to mid MAY and I want to dress up as a alien from space.  Got a wig, a hat of sorts, a costume but want my face to glow. The ladies on the Q seem to wear something similar on their face and I am wondering what it is called and if it is available to buy.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Looking for makeup that shines on the face

I have some I got accidently that I hate.  It's from IT and is labeled "Illuminated".  I wish I could give it to you.  It makes you look sweaty. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I don't know about makeup per se, but I saw a Skinn primer demo'd today that I thought was way to shiney.  He said it could be worn alone for a no-makeup look.  Big no for me.

Honored Contributor

I think Bonnilu is making a joke.....not asking advice.....

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I saw a bit of Josie Marian's show yesterday and her face was so shiny and gooey looking that I couldn't continue to watch.  I don't know if it was her foundation or some of her argan milk products combined with something.  

You may be able to combine one of your current foundations mixed with a highlighter, and add a face cream to make it even more exaggerated.

Honored Contributor

There are a lot of highlighting powders out there, which have a lot of shine and illumination.  Maybe you could just buy some of that and use a lot of it!  You wouldn't have to buy an expensive one --- there are a lot of drugstore brands such as NYX, Milani, etc.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

Honestly, @bonnielu, the only time I'd want a shiney, glowy face is to dress like a space alien for a costume party!  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

Laura Geller has excellent light weight and colors, subdued and natural especially if you finish with a mist of water looks you softly glow.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bonnielu wrote:

Seems there is a new trend... a face that seems to shine.  No I don't like it but am wondering where I can buy it... brand name.. cost... I have a costume party of sorts that we will go to mid MAY and I want to dress up as a alien from space.  Got a wig, a hat of sorts, a costume but want my face to glow. The ladies on the Q seem to wear something similar on their face and I am wondering what it is called and if it is available to buy.  

@bonnielu   Purchase any foundation listed as dewey finish for dry skin. Wear it over a illuminating primer and use a lot of cream highlighter on top. You can also add sparkly, white or cream eye shadows on top. All items should be available at drugstores/Target/Wallmart, etc. Unless this is a look you'd wear after the party (I hope not), purchase the least expensive products you can find. FYI, it will show up every flaw and wrinkle on your face. To make the look, you can also tap facial oil all over your face.  ***Please "scrub" your face clean after the party...LOL

Honored Contributor

Look for "glass skin" makeup. That's what it's called....it's a real thing. Primers and foundations to powders and setting sprays. Glass skin is a big deal in K beauty.