Esteemed Contributor

Looking for long staying eye liner in black

I am going to qualify my request.  I wear black eyeliner from a retractable pen (pencil).  I am finding I have to reapply often.  I get the drugstore versions and do not like brushes that dip into liquid.  I prefer the entire device be one piece.  I am wondering if anyone has used anything that lasts, stays and is DRAMATIC.  I do like to feature my eyes which are green.

Is there a way to apply so it lasts?  Is there a product that lasts?  Is there a product that is dramatic(dark). 

I am willing to pay more and use something from the Q which I have not done before.  I just want it to last longer than a few hours.  LOL

Honored Contributor

Re: Looking for long staying eye liner in black

Mally's evercolor starlight waterproof eyeliner pencil is long wearing.  Jay Manuel's eyeliner (HSN) pencil is also excellent.

Contributor

I love Kat von D's Tattoo Liner. It's liquid with a fool-proof brush (all one piece). I get mine at Sephora.

Esteemed Contributor

I like the Kat Von D Tattoo Liner too.  I got it from Ulta and it has stay power.  

For something less expensive, I like the L'Oreal waterproof liners.  

One that really disappointed me was Urban Decay 24 H liner.  It would not stay put and there seemed to be something in the formula that irritated my contact lenses. 

I haven't found any retractable liners that I like and I've tried several.  Always end up going with a pencil or liquid.

Super Contributor

LORAC. It's a slim pen with a pliable felt tip point . I use it in  gray. Never budges. 4 colors at Ulta. I was looking at them yesterday.

Respected Contributor

Physicians Formula makes an all in one silver pen liquid  eyeliner. Read the package as they have a brush or a felt tip applicator. I prefer the brush. I can draw a thin line and it lasts all day.

Esteemed Contributor

I like Bobbi Brown eye gel liners. They are very forgiving and last. I also like Mally's eyeshadow sticks to use as eyeliner.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

ordered Mallys starlight eye pencils over a week ago and have not received them yet--it was a special w/6 pencils--when I get them I will rate them & let u know what I think of them!.............................

Honored Contributor

@Pook wrote:

Mally's evercolor starlight waterproof eyeliner pencil is long wearing.  Jay Manuel's eyeliner (HSN) pencil is also excellent.

ITA. Mally starlight liners are "bullet proof" as she says. I purchase it at Q online when they have multiples of just black in the box for tightlining & a box of brown for below bottom lashes. 

Esteemed Contributor

Check out Skinn's gel eyeliner. It's got staying power, does not fade and move around and apples easily.

To make your eyeliner more dramatic, do both a tightline and a regular line. Also, drawing a white line above your regular line, gives it a pop.