Valued Contributor

Looking for help with colors of the Hairdo wigs

[ Edited ]

There's a Hairdo wig I'm wanting to order but can't decide on which color to get. I've watched numerous presentations on YouTube but am still not sure. I'm down to 3 choices: mediumbrown/ginger, medium brown/gold, and medium red/ginger. Depending on how the lighting was during each presentation, these colors didn't always look the same.

My own hair color leans toward being light brown but, according to some reviews I've read, sounds like Hairdo's light brown is darker than I would like. If this shade is anything like the light brown of the recent Gabor wigs that HSN had, it would definitely be too dark (I ordered one and have to return). Although two of my above choices use medium brown, I was hoping that the highlights (either gold or ginger) would help make them appear lighter. And, of course, there's the med. red/ginger. I have no idea what I would look like with red hair but it looked pretty. 

I would really love to hear from any of you who have their wigs in these colors your opinion of them. For instance, does the gold in the med. brown/gold overpower the brown? Does the ginger in the med. brown/ginger help brighten it or is it still somewhat dark looking? And does the med. red/ginger color look realistic or fake? Thank you ahead of time for your help with this!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Looking for help with colors of the Hairdo wigs

@qualityshopper - I just checked on YouTube and there are videos for the Hairdo wigs and their colors.  HTH 🙂

F/N/A luvstogarden
Valued Contributor

I had purchased the Hairdo wigs in a couple of different styles and colors . The medium brown gold is heavy with the gold  . (I thought it be lightly highlighted .)  the same goes for the mb ginger . Also , not a fan of the quality of the wigs . Hope this helps you .

Respected Contributor

If you can afford them , Raquel Welch has a lot better quality , with some having lace fronts and handmade caps. They are pricey though. my mom wore wigs from Paula Young and she made them look very natural . I think Hairdo does have pretty colors though .

Valued Contributor

@Mimi 1883 --Yes, as I mentioned, I've already watched many, many videos on YouTube. The trouble with going online, whether on the Q or YouTube, is that you can't get a truly accurate representation of how these colors look in person. For example, I've seen the red wig look very pretty in some presentations and, in one, look to be a very, very bright red--one I wouldn't want. The light brown has taken on different looks as well. A lot depends on the lighting at the time of the presentation as well as one's monitor. This is why I came here to ask the opinions of those who actually have seen these colors in person.

Valued Contributor

@Chessa35 and @MW in Iowa --Thanks for the info. I've wondered about the med. brown/gold because I've seen it look differently depending on, again, which presentation I watch and which style of wig. Sometimes it looks very pretty, but other times, way too much gold. Guess if I decide to try that color, I'll be taking a chance on whether it will be acceptable or not.

As far as Raquel Welch, I like her wigs, too, but need to go a little cheaper right now.

Trusted Contributor

@qualityshopper wrote:

@Mimi 1883 --Yes, as I mentioned, I've already watched many, many videos on YouTube. The trouble with going online, whether on the Q or YouTube, is that you can't get a truly accurate representation of how these colors look in person. For example, I've seen the red wig look very pretty in some presentations and, in one, look to be a very, very bright red--one I wouldn't want. The light brown has taken on different looks as well. A lot depends on the lighting at the time of the presentation as well as one's monitor. This is why I came here to ask the opinions of those who actually have seen these colors in person.

@qualityshopper - Sorry. I don't know how I missed that part in your post! I hope you get the answers you're looking for. 

F/N/A luvstogarden
Valued Contributor

@Mimi 1883 -Thanks for the good thoughts.