Valued Contributor

Looking for dupe for Rusk Radical Sheen styling product

I am down to my last quarter tube of this product, which I love. They do not make it any longer and I can't find it on any site right now. It's a clear silicone gel that only takes a pea-size dab to give my hair texture and some lift. It is used on dry hair. Can anyone recommend an alternative? Thanks!

Respected Contributor

Re: Looking for dupe for Rusk Radical Sheen styling product

This used to be my favorite.  I havn't seen it for about 10 years.  Did you have a stockpile?

Valued Contributor

@Sunnycorle wrote:

This used to be my favorite.  I havn't seen it for about 10 years.  Did you have a stockpile?

Yes, I did and now I'm at the end of it. What are you using now?

Honored Contributor

@Marybella  I own this product and it delivers texture.  Comes in a Lavender or Coconut scent.  I purchased mine at Nordstrom.  $12 to $20 depending on size.  Can also be used for beach waves.

HERBIVORE BOTANICALS Sea Mist Lavender Hair Texturizing Spray, Main, color, NO COLOR

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Marybella  I own this product and it delivers texture.  Comes in a Lavender or Coconut scent.  I purchased mine at Nordstrom.  $12 to $20 depending on size.  Can also be used for beach waves.

HERBIVORE BOTANICALS Sea Mist Lavender Hair Texturizing Spray, Main, color, NO COLOR

Thank you! I'll check it out!

Honored Contributor

@Marybella 

Have you tried her Radical Cream Thickening texturizing cream?

Before I went Cruelty Free, it was a favorite for me.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Valued Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@Marybella 

Have you tried her Radical Cream Thickening texturizing cream?

Before I went Cruelty Free, it was a favorite for me.

Yes, I did try that. It's in my drawer of products that didn't work for me! LOL I have tried several different products that look like they might work.  Thanks, though!

Esteemed Contributor

@Marybella 

Hi, I'm not familiar with your Rusk product nor those others have suggested ... but I use one that gives me the same results that you've described. It's the Wen Men Control Texture Paste. I find this product to be just amazing! A pea sized amount, or less, gives my medium textured, straightish hair results I've never experienced with other products. I swear it make my hair "fat"! The volume and texture noticeably increased. I rub a pea sized amount in my hands and with my head flipped down work the product in. When I stand up, the volume is truly incredible. I joke and say my hair is in another county. It's that full! It can be used on wet or dry hair or anywhere in between. I prefer just damp, style my hair then add the product and finish styling, often just using my fingers to finish. The increased texture, lift, and hold are long lasting. I love this stuff, it really works and the results are just outstanding on my hair. My hair is long. You can use less, if shorter as Chaz has demo'd. A "fingernail scraping" is enough and will do the trick. Truly.

Unfortunately, it's currently not available on the Q. It is available on his site, chazdean dot com. I haven't checked but there may be a video there or on utube. The pot will last a long time too.

Screenshot_2019-03-07-14-06-19.png

Valued Contributor

@rochelleS wrote:

@Marybella 

Hi, I'm not familiar with your Rusk product nor those others have suggested ... but I use one that gives me the same results that you've described. It's the Wen Men Control Texture Paste. I find this product to be just amazing! A pea sized amount, or less, gives my medium textured, straightish hair results I've never experienced with other products. I swear it make my hair "fat"! The volume and texture noticeably increased. I rub a pea sized amount in my hands and with my head flipped down work the product in. When I stand up, the volume is truly incredible. I joke and say my hair is in another county. It's that full! It can be used on wet or dry hair or anywhere in between. I prefer just damp, style my hair then add the product and finish styling, often just using my fingers to finish. The increased texture, lift, and hold are long lasting. I love this stuff, it really works and the results are just outstanding on my hair. My hair is long. You can use less, if shorter as Chaz has demo'd. A "fingernail scraping" is enough and will do the trick. Truly.

Unfortunately, it's currently not available on the Q. It is available on his site, chazdean dot com. I haven't checked but there may be a video there or on utube. The pot will last a long time too.

Screenshot_2019-03-07-14-06-19.png

Thank you. I'll check it out!