Respected Contributor

Re: Looking for drugstore mascara recommendations

Now I remember the Essence Mascara that I used...it's called Lash Princess. I would buy it again but I have Josie's coming & also have IT Superhero which I love! Jordana does make a good one.

Regular Contributor

If you like tube mascara then I highly recommend no 7 stay perfect. It’s just as good as Kevin aucoin $30 mascara, if not better.
Regular Contributor

I liked how Josie’s looked, but too oily for me. After a couple of hours I have raccoon eyes.
Regular Contributor

I liked essence lash princess too, $3 at ulta
Valued Contributor

@Katilein have you been able to find the stay perfect lately? That’s my go to for drugstore and I haven’t seen it at target or cvs. I’m a fan of tube mascaras too...
Regular Contributor

@Fluke67
Yes I just bought mine a couple of weeks ago at target. Another good tube one is blinc, but it’s $26. I had a gift card otherwise I would’ve not spend that much. Maybe you’ll like doll lashes by nyx too. That one is at Dillard’s.
Valued Contributor

Flower Beauty “warrior” mascara.  It isn’t the cheapest (I think I paid around $10 for mine), but it the best drugstore mascara I have ever tried.  It thickens, lengthens and doesn’t flake on me. HTH

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@LuvmyLab wrote:

Looking for recommendations for a good drugstore mascara that lengthens and thickens but doesn't flake.  I tried Loreal Telescopic mascara which worked well however I could  not get the brush back into the container.  They need to redo that one.  Thanks. 

@LuvmyLab   I go back and forth between L'Oreal Voluminous and L'Oreal Paradise...both not waterproof. I also use Josie's when available in the sets which is a great value and very moisturizing for the lashes.

Clumping? I wipe the wand on a tissue and then apply 2 thin coats. Mascara is usually too thick out of the tube. I also try to do both eyes without dipping in or pumping wand into tube. That adds air into the tube and thickens it twice as fast which makes for more clumps.

@Shanus  - are you going to start putting Josie's mascara on before bedtime since she's now suggesting we wear her mascara to sleep?

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@LuvmyLab wrote:

Looking for recommendations for a good drugstore mascara that lengthens and thickens but doesn't flake.  I tried Loreal Telescopic mascara which worked well however I could  not get the brush back into the container.  They need to redo that one.  Thanks. 

@LuvmyLab   I go back and forth between L'Oreal Voluminous and L'Oreal Paradise...both not waterproof. I also use Josie's when available in the sets which is a great value and very moisturizing for the lashes.

Clumping? I wipe the wand on a tissue and then apply 2 thin coats. Mascara is usually too thick out of the tube. I also try to do both eyes without dipping in or pumping wand into tube. That adds air into the tube and thickens it twice as fast which makes for more clumps.

@Shanus  - are you going to start putting Josie's mascara on before bedtime since she's now suggesting we wear her mascara to sleep?

@San Antonio Gal   Never, of course not. That's the most ridiculous statement and should have been bleeped out or corrected. Everyone knows leaving mascara on overnight will break lashes, not to mention leave a big mess on pillowcases. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@LuvmyLab wrote:

@San Antonio Gal   Never, of course not. That's the most ridiculous statement and should have been bleeped out or corrected. Everyone knows leaving mascara on overnight will break lashes, not to mention leave a big mess on pillowcases. 

I agree @Shanus .  However, she has said it now on several shows so I tend to believe she will continue to mention it.  I'm curious if her followers will begin to put mascara on before bedtime as she suggests.