Honored Contributor

Re: Looking for drugstore mascara recommendations

@San Antonio Gal   I suppose we'll just have to hope that consumers are savvy enough to know better.

Honored Contributor

I've personally not heard Josie suggest actually putting mascara on before bed, but I don't watch her all the time.

I have heard her mention not to worry if you don't wash it off or if you want to sleep in it.

Josie's mascara is not typical mascara like others.   

Respected Contributor

No, you really need all make up off at night. You could use argon oil around eye area. I would think argon oil
could be used around lashes. Mascara should come off at night.
Honored Contributor

I usually wear L'Oreal, Lancome or Maybelline but I have never found anything that cleanses as well without grease or residue as Lancome eye makeup cleanser.  It's the best.  I think, because I have dry eyes and other eye issues, I have tried them all and always return to Lancome remover.

Valued Contributor

I'm using the waterproof version of the Essence mascara, and LOVE it.  Just purchased a few days ago.

Respected Contributor

@customerqvc2 wrote:

Maybelline Full and Soft.  I got that recommendation several years ago on this board and found the perfect mascara.

If you don't need a waterproof formula, this mascara is fantastic. I loved this one for years. Now I live in a humid climate and really need a waterproof mascara and the waterproof version was disappointing.

Covergirl Clump Crusher is my favorite waterproof drugstore mascara. It gives me great definition, I really like the wand and brush, and it doesn't smudge, flake, or smear on me 

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I've personally not heard Josie suggest actually putting mascara on before bed, but I don't watch her all the time.

I have heard her mention not to worry if you don't wash it off or if you want to sleep in it.

Josie's mascara is not typical mascara like others.   

@Lipstickdiva   Still not wise to sleep in mascara or any makeup for that matter. Skin needs to rest, breathe and have its night skincare.

Honored Contributor

@Alison Wonderland wrote:

@customerqvc2 wrote:

Maybelline Full and Soft.  I got that recommendation several years ago on this board and found the perfect mascara.

If you don't need a waterproof formula, this mascara is fantastic. I loved this one for years. Now I live in a humid climate and really need a waterproof mascara and the waterproof version was disappointing.

@Alison Wonderland 

Have you considered relocating to the high desert? Woman Wink

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Another vote for Jordana Best Lash Extreme. It's cheap and very good. You can get a 3-pack on Amazon for $10 and it ships free for everyone.

Honored Contributor

Can’t recommend any drugstore mascara since I use Urban Decay & Lancôme ones. But I can recommend a lash primer that thickens the lashes called L’Oreal Voluminous Lash Primer. It’s a lot cheaper than Lancôme’s primer and accomplishes the lash thickening just as well as the pricier Lancôme version.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼