Honored Contributor

Looking for an eye shadow stick - one color - easy peasy

I recently saw an ad in a magazine for Julep eye shadow sticks - creme to powder - which stated that these were really gentle on the eyes and had great staying power.  Anyone use these?

What I'm looking for is one step, one color to use --- I'm thinking a color stick maybe.  Can you recommend a brand and also a color?  I am very fair, with blue/green eyes, and light salt/pepper hair.  

I just want something to swipe on my lids which will make my eyes look brighter and stand out a bit.

Thanks for your suggestions!

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

Re: Looking for an eye shadow stick - one color - easy peasy

@AngelPuppy1   I really like Clinique chubby shadow tint sticks.  The 2 colors I recommend are:  Lavish Lilac and Lots O' Latte.  They go on easy and stay all day.  Not heavy.  

Esteemed Contributor

At long last, I finally found the one I've been searching for. I guess it's an oldie, but goody. Bobbi Brown Heather Steel ~ a lilac-gray color that is perfect! Not too harsh, which was what I wanted.

Actually, I just use it as an eye liner. I just smudge it out w/ a soft, clean flat brush, and voila!

Respected Contributor

I like Elf no budge shadow stick in champagne crystal or copper chic.
Esteemed Contributor

Likewise. I haven't found any that aren't drying, or the color goes on blotchy. I too would love the perfect shadow stick. It saves time! 

Respected Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 I love eye shadow sticks! So many brands have them these days.

Most of them I can use with no primer. I color my lid & up to my crease, bring the color down under the lower lashes. Then I use my Mac 252 brush & pull the color up through the crease & fade it up.

It's fast, easy, wears all day & looks nice. I have old eyes, but most of the shimmers are very kind & look pretty on.

Laura Mercier, Nudestix, Cargo, Bobbi Brown & Belle Beauty by Kim Gravel are my favorites over all.

I have shadow sticks from: Cover Girl (Very nice.), ELF (A little thick & the shimmer bits are big), Ulta (Very nice.), Sephora (Nice quality. You have to sharpen these.), Kiko (Great colors! Too creamy & sheer out too easily.), girlactik (Pretty, but more metallic than shimmery.), Julep (Sheers away to nothing too easily.) & Wet N Wild (Nice pencil. You have to sharpen them.).

Respected Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 I'm sorry. I got so excited & didn't address a color.

What color have you worn before that you liked?

Laura Mercier Amethyst is one I think looks great on everyone!

Belle Beauty has some great sets here on QVC.  A set of 3 colors, 3 sets of 2 colors & an eye liner & a set of 6 colors. The colors are all fairly neutral & would be a great way to try the shadow sticks.

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1   As already suggested, there are so many lines that now have shadow sticks. My recommendation would be to stay to those that ere first,made them so popular and are proven to be creamy, long lasting and cream to  powder finish. IMHO, Laura mercier and Bobbi Brown have the best sticks (top rated many times). Choose a shade closr to or a shade darker than your skin tone for a "one and done" look. Both of these cosmetic brands' sticks are also wonderful shadow bases/primers if you you decide to add powder shadow another stick shade on top or in the crease. 

***They dry down quickly, so it's best to one eye at a time, blend and go on to the other eye. 

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1  I use Thrive Causemetics Brilliant Eye Brightener in Champagne Shimmer. I love it, it is failproof and a really nice cream to powder finish. They offer approximately a dozen different colors.

Respected Contributor

@Effie54 I don't know what brands you have tried, but there are definitely those out there.

The ELF was was sort of patchy & course going on. Ulta brand is a little thicker & doesn't smooth out as nicely as some.

The matte ones are a little harder to deal with than the shimmer ones.

The Julep & Kiko brand are too creamy & sheer out too easily, for me.

But, the ones that I love are really great & easy to use.