Reply
Super Contributor
Posts: 326
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Looking for an affordable, reliable eye cream

I have just started noticing small wrinkles under my eyes.  Looking for an eye cream to help erase these wrinkles.  any suggestions??

Honored Contributor
Posts: 22,713
Registered: ‎10-03-2011

Re: Looking for an affordable, reliable eye cream

You can't go wrong with Mad Hippie Eye Cream.  Great ingredients.  You can read about it on the Mad Hippie website, but do some internet shopping to find a better price (eBay, Vitacost, Amazon, iHerb, etc.)

Honored Contributor
Posts: 29,982
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Looking for an affordable, reliable eye cream

[ Edited ]

Totally agree, also available on Swanson and Pure Formulas, look for coupon codes for these sites on Retailmenot, Pure Formulas usually has best prices on Mad Hippie and all orders ship free. . Ingredients here are quite impressive.


@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

You can't go wrong with Mad Hippie Eye Cream.  Great ingredients.  You can read about it on the Mad Hippie website, but do some internet shopping to find a better price (eBay, Vitacost, Amazon, iHerb, etc.)


 

Contributor
Posts: 27
Registered: ‎12-09-2015

Re: Looking for an affordable, reliable eye cream

Many people like CeraVe -- it's a drugstore product, and it's nice.

Valued Contributor
Posts: 949
Registered: ‎05-22-2010

Re: Looking for an affordable, reliable eye cream


@ennui wrote:

Many people like CeraVe -- it's a drugstore product, and it's nice.


Another vote for CeraVe. I've tried very expensive eye creams and this one wins over them. Its my new goto eye cream and think it costs all of $13 at the most. 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 29,982
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Looking for an affordable, reliable eye cream

Cerave only got mixed reviews on the Drugstore.com site, several said it burned them, I would be a little leary of it. It also has hydrogenated veg oil in it and cholesterol, perhaps these are too thick and emollient for under the eye area.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,022
Registered: ‎10-07-2012

Re: Looking for an affordable, reliable eye cream

I am loving Paula's Choice new eye cream. It's very balmy but I rub it between the tips of my two ring fingers to warm it up. It's very moisturizing.
Valued Contributor
Posts: 949
Registered: ‎05-22-2010

Re: Looking for an affordable, reliable eye cream


@Shelbelle wrote:

Cerave only got mixed reviews on the Drugstore.com site, several said it burned them, I would be a little leary of it. It also has hydrogenated veg oil in it and cholesterol, perhaps these are too thick and emollient for under the eye area.


.....and yet it still works for a lot of us. Have a very sensitive eye area with genetic puffiness and it has caused zero problems. Its one of the few eye creams that works for my very sensitve eyes.  As with all products people should do a patch test first.

Valued Contributor
Posts: 762
Registered: ‎03-02-2013

Re: Looking for an affordable, reliable eye cream


@segrl21 wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

Cerave only got mixed reviews on the Drugstore.com site, several said it burned them, I would be a little leary of it. It also has hydrogenated veg oil in it and cholesterol, perhaps these are too thick and emollient for under the eye area.


.....and yet it still works for a lot of us. Have a very sensitive eye area with genetic puffiness and it has caused zero problems. Its one of the few eye creams that works for my very sensitve eyes.  As with all products people should do a patch test first.


I second the above comment. I have VERY sensitive skin, particularly my eyelids. I only need a very small amount, and I've had zero adverse reactions. It hasn't been too thick, it doesn't "migrate", and I've had no eye irritation.  I agree about the patch test.

Super Contributor
Posts: 634
Registered: ‎12-03-2011

Re: Looking for an affordable, reliable eye cream

Spoiler
 

All good recommendations. However, none will get rid of the wrinkles. They will slow down the rate of future wrinkles. Eye cream will also plump up your under eye skin so the wrinkles will look less deep for a while.

 

If you can find one that has retinol, it will be more effective but that doesn't mean it will take away existing wrinkles. ROC at the drug store makes one that many find affordable. 

 

Keep your receipt, no matter how mild, some under eyes simply can't tolerate retinol.

Beauty blogger and YTer who loves it all! Cheers, Lulu Bea aka Lulu On Beauty - Let's be FACEBOOK beauty friends!