Trusted Contributor

Looking for a root lift that also controls frizz - and frizz products in general

Is there such a thing?

I need frizz control anything as a matter of fact.  I'm early 60s, still color, but my loose wave (one step up from straight) hair has become such a coarse frizzball. Smiley Sad

I had been having good results with the Briogeo Fairwell Frizz line but even that can't help now that summer's here.

Thank you!

Honored Contributor

Re: Looking for a root lift that also controls frizz - and frizz products in general

[ Edited ]

@PilatesLover  sometimes it’s technique over product.  Do you use a blow dryer on your hair?  Apply your styling mousse and turn your head upside-down to get the roots dried first. Then stand up and smooth the length of your hair.  Keep your dryer pointed downward over the top of the brush as you follow the brush down your hair.  This prevents a lot of frizz.  

When I’m all done styling, I’ll use Tweak’d Volumizing Clayditoner at the roots. Squeeze out a pea size amount to my palm, rub both hands together and go underneath the hair to apply at the roots.  Then I set my style with Tweak’d Anti-frizz hairspray.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Looking for a root lift that also controls frizz - and frizz products in general

@PilatesLover     My hair is similar to yours......I GAVE UP......wear it in a chignon.........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

I have similar hair. In the summer I usually do straightening. Not this summer. I just gave up. Spent so much money on products that say they will control frizz. Never works for me. If you find something let me know. I will say that the stylist who blows my hair out can straighten it. Unfortunely she does not live with me.

Honored Contributor

@PilatesLover   That's why I went back to my short pixie cut a few weeks ago. My naturally curly/wavy hair had reached the long bob stage and I couldn't face a humid summer with frizz. Last summer we didn't go anywhere, so it didn't matter much. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Janey2 wrote:

I have similar hair. In the summer I usually do straightening. Not this summer. I just gave up. Spent so much money on products that say they will control frizz. Never works for me. If you find something let me know. I will say that the stylist who blows my hair out can straighten it. Unfortunely she does not live with me.

Same here.  My hairdresser's given me tips, shown me how, I studiously watch her blow dry my hair.  Just cannot replicate it at home. Smiley Sad

@JeanLouiseFinch thank you, I will try your tips.

Regular Contributor

I like Color Wow root lift.

Regular Contributor

Also, for frizz, I like Color Wow Dream Coat.  I use a lot of Color Wow products.  I first heard about them on the Today show (Dream Coat is one of Hoda's favorite things).

Trusted Contributor

Thanks @Flyer98 !