Contributor

Looking for a non-drying powder

Hello ladies, I have oily/combination skin but hate the super- matte look. I like a demi-matte/satin look to my skin.
I am looking for some creamy powder foundations that I can use either over liquid foundation or by themselves. I have tried a few powders but they are all too drying. I did enjoy the IT Cosmetics Celebration but Mediums is light for me and Tan too orange. I have a golden/Olive undertones.
Thank you for any suggestions.
Super Contributor

Re: Looking for a non-drying powder

I have oily skin and I like Halo Powder by
Smashbox. I have used it for several years.
Contributor

Thank you, Southernfriedchick. I will check it out at Sephora.
Contributor

Has anyone tried the Estee Lauder Double wear loose powder?
Trusted Contributor

I have two suggestions.  One is the It Illuminating powder foundation.  The medium is deeper than the Regular Celebration medium.  I can wear either the illuminating powder in medium, or the regular celebration powder in tan.

The other one is TArte powder foundation.  It is a loose powder, and really the best powder foundation I've used (I also like It Cosmetics). It really doesn't look cakes or powdery like other foundations.  I don't know why it is different but it is.  It gets good reviews, but it might be worth checking out at an Ulta if you have one near you.  

Respected Contributor

Another vote for Halo. No matter how many others I've tried, it's my HG!  A trip to Ulta might help, they have all the ones mentioned here.

Honored Contributor

OP, I use Urban Decay Naked Skin Powder Foundation. I thinkt it is a wonderful product. I've always used liquids, but I wanted a change for the summer.

I will continue to use this powder foundation, though, in the fall and winter. It gives light to medium foundation but can be built up. I use a fluffy brush for allover and then use a more dense brush where I need more coverage.

It never look dry, just very natural. And it lasts the day.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

Try sampling Elizabeth Arden ceramide loose powder (not the mineral spf).  It comes in a few shades, and translucent.  Gets great reviews.   I sample it every time I go in the mall, but need to finish what I have.  Look online for better deals too, if you like it.

Respected Contributor

Yet another vote for Smashbox Halo.  

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Frequent Contributor

There is a powder from Mac that's not talked about too much. The popular ones are Studio Fix & the Mineralize Skin Finish. But, Mac has a pressed powder called Studio Careblend. It's a creamy, soft, non-drying powder. Google it & then go in and try some on and walk around in it to see if you like it.