Esteemed Contributor

Re: Looking for a non-drying, moisturizing, facial powder -- is there such a thing?

It sounds like we have similar skin types/issues and are in the same age range. Here's what works for me: 

Dr. Denese Day Cream (multi task product: moisturizer/sunscreen/foundation 

Bobbi Brown foundation stick: Days I want a total face of make up

Laura Geller Balance & Brighton: I use this alone over a moistuirzer on days when my skin is really dry. I can use this alone because it's a powder that is a cream base.  (My moisturizer is Dr.Denese Dream Cream)

None of these settle in my lines and last all day. I have super sensitive skin with a tone of allergies and issues so my list accomodates what season/issue is happening on that day.

Hope one of these give you results.

Respected Contributor

Re: Looking for a non-drying, moisturizing, facial powder -- is there such a thing?

Loreal Hydra Perfect...its wonderful. I've used high end department store brands, and saw this in Walmart...I can't believe how nice it is.
Honored Contributor

@fancy pantsy wrote:

i also have problems with fragrance and a lot of ingredents in makeup.  i have narrowed my face down to this:   i use a tiny bit of loreal lumi liquid foundation (just in the areas of redness and a tiny bit around the eye) and then i layer the balance and brighten (sort of heavy handed) over that and buff it in.   i do press out the areas where i have lines with my fingertips before i put on the b & b.  my skin is also dry, but i find the lumi gives me a nice glow, even with the b & b over it.  i will be 70 next month. 

good luck! 

@fancy pantsy 

The Loreal lumi foundation does not have fragrance?  I have seen it in the stores but never have really used Loreal makeups.  This sounds nice the way you describe it.  I have also never used B & B over foundation --- only by itself.  Thanks so much! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

I don't think you can do better than Balance & Brighten for mature skin

I'm 66

@software 

Yes, so far, it seems to look the most natural on me and it certainly is easy enough. Thanks! 

Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

A dermatologist told me that I should avoid makeup containing oils because they aggravate rosacea. I also avoid moisturizers and other products that have unnecessary oils.  There are a lot of good products out there without filler oils.  

Cover Girl, Nutrogena, Estee Lauder, Clinique, Lancome, and a few other OTC brands offer some oil-free powders.  

I'm 65 and have fair, sensitive skin.   I can't use Balance and Brighten or Bare Minerals as they make my T-zone oilier than normal.  But everyone reacts differently to products.

@CalminHeart 

What do you use if you don't mind my asking?  I have used several Cover Girl foundations and powders.  I have not had any issues with them as far as allergies but the powders all seem to look drying on me.  I am just now starting to try some of the Neutrogena products.  Thanks!!! 

Honored Contributor

@Janey2 wrote:

I use Perricone MD No Make Up Instant Blur during warm weather when my skin tends to get shiny. 

@Janey2 

Is this a type of primer?  Thanks.

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

Maybe it’s not the powder you’re using but more about something in your skincare routine that needs to be addressed.  

@JeanLouiseFinch 

Yes, that might be entirely true.  I just don't know where to start.  I am all over the place.  Just looking to find some answers, I guess!!  Thanks!! 

Honored Contributor

@marmarbrooklyn wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 

Hi I will soon be 56 and i still have very sensitive oily acne prone skin .While I don't have a lot of lines I do have large pores and old acne marks and found many powders do settle in those and make them look more noticeable . I have been enjoying Ilia Flow -Thru Radiant spf 20 powder in Moondance . Its portable so you can carry it around . I use it over makeup over just over my sunscreen when wearing no makeup . beautiful fresh finish with no  sparkle or shiny just a nice  soft finish . I have sensitve skin and have had no problems . You can find it at 'green beauty" sites like Detox Market and Credo , but now Sephora sells it so you can always return it if you don't like it . Good Luck ! 

@marmarbrooklyn 

That is something new --- not heard of this and so I will look it up.  Thank you for suggesting! 

Honored Contributor

@vermint wrote:

@AngelPuppy1  Have you tried Laura Geller's Quench n Tint cream foundation? I know you're looking for a powder, but this works really well with a dusting (or more) of Balance & Brighten over it. I'm 64.

@vermint 

No, I haven't.  But it sounds really nice.  I appreciate this suggestion-- thank you! 

Honored Contributor

@fitfuninformed wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 

IT has been hawking their new Moisturizing Powder Foundation. claiming it to be their secret sauce moisturizer converted into a powder foundation.  I cannot speak to any kind of a review as I have not actually tried it, but the whole claim to it is that it is EXTREMELY moisturizing.  

It is sold here on the Q and you can explore the reviews on your own to see if its something you might like.

IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Foundation Hydrating Powder w/ Brush - A350229

@fitfuninformed 

Thank you.  I have tried a few other IT items and not been pleased.  I will look this one up and also check what others who have used it think about it.  I appreciate your post and suggestion!!!