Respected Contributor

Looking for a new nighttime moisturizer

Hi beauty gurus!

I'm looking for some suggestions for a new nighttime moisturizer. It seems like everything I buy lately leaves my skin feeling sticky and tacky for hours, right up until I go to bed, no matter how much I try to rub it in. I hate that feeling. Can anyone recommend a good nighttime moisturizer that absorbs well and dries down and doesn't leave your skin feeling tacky all night? I don't have a high budget, so expensive $100 moisturizers are out I'm afraid. I shop a lot at Vitacost and Ulta and try to buy cruelty free if I can.

Thanks in advance!

Honored Contributor

Re: Looking for a new nighttime moisturizer

It sounds to me like your using way too much. Try cutting back on the amount you use.

I use argon oil as my night time moisturizer and it only takes 3 drops to cover my whole face.

Esteemed Contributor

Do you layer your moisturizer over other products?   or wear it alone?  A moisturizer may not soak in because of what is underneath it.  

I don't wear 'nighttime moisturizers' -- if you wear wear some type of Retinol, I could recommend a couple retinol creams that also moisturize.  Otherwise, have you tried CeraVe PM?  (can be purchased at supermarkets for about $10)

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

I am not a pro at moisturizers but Dermalogica Night Cacoon is awesome!  Not cheap but a little goes a long way. 

Respected Contributor

Neutrogena Hydroboost Gel Cream. It says it is for extra dry skin, but my skin is combo/oily & I really like this.

It sinks in with no tackiness.

I have used it under my makeup on some days that my skin felt dry.

I break out from everything, including CeraVe, but this doesn't bother my skin.

The version for combo skin is highly fragranced & stays sticky on skin. I hated it.

Valued Contributor

@rnmom

Good morning 

I shop at vitacost and use only cruelty free as well . I have combo/oily skin but in winter my skin gets a little drier I really like Andalou Naturals Resveratrol Q10 night repair from their Age Defy line .Its light weight almost between a gel and a cream .I buy it a Vitacost . The cream sells on Andalous website for $25 but Vitacost sells it for $20 

Good luck 

Honored Contributor

@rnmom wrote:

Hi beauty gurus!

I'm looking for some suggestions for a new nighttime moisturizer. It seems like everything I buy lately leaves my skin feeling sticky and tacky for hours, right up until I go to bed, no matter how much I try to rub it in. I hate that feeling. Can anyone recommend a good nighttime moisturizer that absorbs well and dries down and doesn't leave your skin feeling tacky all night? I don't have a high budget, so expensive $100 moisturizers are out I'm afraid. I shop a lot at Vitacost and Ulta and try to buy cruelty free if I can.

Thanks in advance!

@rnmom  Try beginning by using your daytime moisturizer at night, too. They’re lighter weight and made to sink in/dry faster so makeup can be applied over them. You may only need that and add a drop or two of face oil and that’s it. 

Honored Contributor

@Dusty1 wrote:

Neutrogena Hydroboost Gel Cream. It says it is for extra dry skin, but my skin is combo/oily & I really like this.

It sinks in with no tackiness.

I have used it under my makeup on some days that my skin felt dry.

I break out from everything, including CeraVe, but this doesn't bother my skin.

The version for combo skin is highly fragranced & stays sticky on skin. I hated it.

@Dusty1  The Hydraboost franchise is fairly new for Neutrogena and really taking off! I changed my spf of many years to the Hydraboost SPF...lightweight and no sticky feel. I noticed they’ve now included cleansers, moisturizers, an eye cream, etc. because it’s so popular, affordable and works.

Respected Contributor

I love the M Asam Aqua Intense line. My skin feels very soft and moisturized. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

jasons vitamin e cream or yam cream .[ inexpensive and works well.]The vitamin e cream has a somewhat earthy smell and some people don't like it .The 5,000 unit vitamin e cream is lighter and absorbs qiuckly which is good for a day cream And the 25,000 unit vitamin e cream is a heavier night time cream which is great for night time and winter .It is organic an both areunder 12 dollars .

cathy from ma