Honored Contributor

Re: Looking for a new nighttime moisturizer

What about the Olay line of creams?

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

@rnmom, it sounds like you are just using too much moisterizer at night.  Most of them come with a small spatula, so if you have one, use that.  Put it in your hands and warm up the moisturizer before putting it on your skin.  Then, give it time to sink in.  More is not better.  If it is too greasy, then you are using too much.

I have started using Elemis and really like it.  Some do not like the smell because of the perfume, but it does not seem to bother me  I also like Tatcha and you might like their water cream since it is very light.  

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

@rnmom  Give No. 7 a try.  I use the daytime moisturizer and there is absolutely no stickiness.  Sold at Target and some drugstores.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

@Dusty1 -- that just shows how different everyone's skin is.  For me and my oily skin, the Neutrogena Hydroboost sat on the surface, never sunk in, and stayed sticky.   The CeraVe PM sinks right in (I wear it in the daytime).     We're opposite.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Regular Contributor

If you shop at Vitacost, check out the products from the Derma E and Mychelle lines. I have so many favorites from these lines - for example, the Hyaluronic acid lines in each are great - not heavy, but very effective. The Vitamin C  skin line from Derma E is even better than some of the insanely priced ones i have tried. You can find one that is just right for you from one of those two companies and Vitacost has great prices on them!

Trusted Contributor

Try Olay Whips.  I have the Regenerist one. It dries right down.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I know exaclty what you mean and it drives me crazy. First, do make sure our are doing some serious chemical (aha) or maula (scrubbes) at least once a week, better twice a week. 

Try the new water gel creams. It's hard to find for some reason byt the Loreal Hydradenious for OIl to to Normal. It's not a heavey duty mositurizer but a good start if you can fined it Check out moisturiezer  that are oil free or for oily skin, even if you have dry skin. Clinique is always wonderful, the have a gel version of their cult following daily moisturizer. Not a bad price at all. Also, maybe add a hydrating toner followed by a waster gel cream moisturizer. That might be the trick. Pleanty of grea options at the drug store. Aveeno has great options. I'm a frim believer that drug store moisturizers are great even thougjh I have the discretionary income to spend more. Don't get me wrong, my Tatcha sits right next to m Loreal!

Respected Contributor

Thank you everyone for all of your ideas and suggestions, I really appreciate everyone taking the time to respond! I don't use any serums underneath my moisturizer, just a moisturizer, but maybe I am just using too much. 

@marmarbrooklyn- One of the moisturizers I have right now is Andalou Naturals but it is the Goji Berry and peptide and it doesn't sink in very well, leaves my skin feeling tacky. I haven't tried the Resveratrol Q10, I will put that on my list to try, thanks.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus-my daytime moisturizer has SPF in it, that's why I don't use it at night. 

Respected Contributor

@laraffinee- I have a Derma E Vitamin A cream here, a bit 4 oz tub of it, and it doesn't seem to rub in or absorb very well either. Maybe I am doing something wrong, or could it be the oil cleansers or the toner that I use?  I've looked at the Vitamin C line, I will look at that a little bit closer. I haven't tried any of the Mychelle products but I will look at those too. Vitacost does have great prices and a great return policy too, that's why I like shopping there. Thank you!