Trusted Contributor

Looking for a new foundation...help!

Do any of you ladies have a recommendation for a full cover foundation that gives a dewy look to your face? I am going to try Le Mer but would also like other suggestions. I have been wearing Estee Lauder Double Wear. I feel it is time for a change. Thank you. Smiley Wink

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Looking for a new foundation...help!

I would call this more of a natural finish, but Lancome's Longwear is an excellent foundation.  If powdered heavily it can go matte, but with primer and foundations only it will appear somewhat dewy. I also like Laura Mercier's Candleglow.  It may not be described as dewy, but it certainly isn't matte as it gives the face the appearance of a good (non shimmer) highlighter brushed all over.  Josie Maran's Vibrancy is very dewy, and you can build it up to full coverage.

Respected Contributor

Try to get a sample of La Mer, or at the very least have the makeup applied at the counter and wear it a few hours. I had this foundation applied at the counter. At first I thought it looked great. As the day wore on it made my skin look dry. There was a fragrance that never went away. Others are happy with it so try before you buy. The stores are becoming very strict with makeup returns.

Respected Contributor

This one is excellent for full coverage without the "pasty" look - it offers 3 formulas (I have only used the Concealing one), from Illuminare web site:

"Illuminare's liquid mineral foundation make-up is the best foundation on the market. In addition to being more moisturizing than powder and offering great benefits to your skin—including a true SPF 20 and UVA/UVB protection—it is a multi-use product.
This means that one tube of Illuminare liquid mineral foundation is your sunscreen, foundation and concealer - all in one:

With our Moisturizing (Fantastic Finish) Mineral formula, it helps to moisturize and smooth the driest of skin

With our Concealing (Extra Coverage) Mineral formula, no added concealer is necessary to achieve great coverage with a no-makeup look

With our Mattifying (Ultimate All Day) Mineral formula, no extra powder is necessary for an ultra-matte look with added natural oil-absorbers"

Respected Contributor

I've heard a lot of good things about the Fiona Stiles foundation. Ulta was running a sale on her brand and they offer the Matte and Luminous versions of this foundation. $15. I wanted to try it but they're out of stock on my color in the matte version. 

Esteemed Contributor

Bobbi Brown's foundation stick is a winner for me. I love that line of products.

Trusted Contributor

@BARBIE100 wrote:

Do any of you ladies have a recommendation for a full cover foundation that gives a dewy look to your face? I am going to try Le Mer but would also like other suggestions. I have been wearing Estee Lauder Double Wear. I feel it is time for a change. Thank you. Smiley Wink

I am not one who likes a full coverage foundation; however, one of the most natural looking full coverage foundations I've tried was the Algenist serum foundation which is also sold right here at the Q.  Worth reading about the product.  Just a heads up on the shades: they tend to run a little darker than most lines. 

Honored Contributor

@BARBIE100 Before you go spending $85 and up, get samples to see what the coverage is like and the finish.  Armani, Chanel, Edward Bess, and try some less expensive ones Fiona Stiles, Laura Mercier, Trish McEvoy.  This way if you take up and try out you will know for sure the one you really like.  Cat Very Happy  P.S.  Have fun!

kindness is strength
Contributor

I use the Shiseido Advanced Hydro Liquid Foundation. It is a cream foundation that gives full coverage, with a dewy finish. It's also lightweight, and it doesn't make me feel like I am wearing a mask. As the other poster wrote, try these foundations out at the store before you buy. I tried out several kinds before I decided the Shiseido was perfect for me.

I will add that I use Smashbox Halo powder on the days that I want lighter coverage. 

Good luck on your search!

Trusted Contributor

Bobbi Browns Skin (liquid) foundation..I conceal prior and it's buildable to a certain extent.

Also 3 more I love:

Hourglass Veil liquid foundation.

Trish McEvoy's Beauty Balm - it's buildable like Bobbi's, it's a BB cream but as many BB's or CC's they are just like foundations to me, it covers well, I conceal prior with this one too...it's buildable.

PS: my skin is dry and I'm 60 and these look very nice on my skin.

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky