Trusted Contributor

Re: Looking for a new concealer , Hot and Flashy said

@Shanus wrote:

@decaf wrote:

@Shanus  I don't wear foundation so I'd be interested to know if this concealer works well with just a bb cream or even alone without foundation.  I've found some full coverage concealers only look right when blended into a real foundation. 

@decaf   I stay clear of full coverage concealers. They rarely work if you have the slightest bit of wrinkling or dryness under the eyes. I don't wear foundation and find a lightweight concealer works fine. Of course, color/shade is the key AND proper hydration with an eye cream, too. 

A full coverage concealer, in your skin tone shade, works great for covering imperpections, but just not under the eye unless you're younger w/ no issues of lines or puffiness. It will only exaggerate this. 

ITA with all you said, I suppose I'll be reading reviews from women over 50 since this one is called their 'full coverage ' concealer.   H+F Angie always wears foundation and also looks like she has fillers or had work done, so, for me, she's not always the person who decides what's the absolute best product.

Trusted Contributor

I have no problem wearing a full coverage concealer under my eyes as long as I set it with a lightweight powder.  I don't have eye bags but do have some wrinkling.  I also wear foundation. 

I think as long as you use a light hand with the concealer along with correct placement and a setting powder, a full coverage concealer works fine if you also wear foundation.

The best powder I've found for setting under eyes is the No7 Lift & Luminate Triple Action Finishing Powder that you can find at Target or drug stores.  I never have creasing or cakey undereyes when using this.

Honored Contributor

It's the Teint Idole Ultra Wear All Over Concealer.  There is another  YouTuber who also just did a dedicated video to how great this concealer is.  I didn't watch either of the videos in their entirety.

My guess is this concealer will be making the rounds by "influencers" all over YouTube because that is what happens.  

I saw the beginning of the Hot and Flashy video.  She doesn't seem to me to have a really bad problem with darkness under her eyes.  

Honored Contributor

@decaf wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@decaf wrote:

@Shanus  I don't wear foundation so I'd be interested to know if this concealer works well with just a bb cream or even alone without foundation.  I've found some full coverage concealers only look right when blended into a real foundation. 

@decaf   I stay clear of full coverage concealers. They rarely work if you have the slightest bit of wrinkling or dryness under the eyes. I don't wear foundation and find a lightweight concealer works fine. Of course, color/shade is the key AND proper hydration with an eye cream, too. 

A full coverage concealer, in your skin tone shade, works great for covering imperpections, but just not under the eye unless you're younger w/ no issues of lines or puffiness. It will only exaggerate this. 

ITA with all you said, I suppose I'll be reading reviews from women over 50 since this one is called their 'full coverage ' concealer.   H+F Angie always wears foundation and also looks like she has fillers or had work done, so, for me, she's not always the person who decides what's the absolute best product.

@decaf , I don't watch her but I did watch a little of this particular video to see which concealer she is talking about because I have awful under eye dark circles.

It immediately struck me that she appears to have had a boatload of work done to her face.  Her face is so taught and tight, there is no way that is natural at her age.  It was a real turn-off to me.

I'm 53 and I do wear a full coverage concealer and I do not have problems with it getting into lines and wrinkles because I make sure I use a good moisturizing eye cream during the day.  If a concealer makes my eyes look dry and cakey, I move on to something else.

I also use a peach color corrector prior to concealer.  That made a world of difference.   

Honored Contributor

Which famous makeup artist was it that had a salmon color concealer that was popular?

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@MW in Iowa wrote:

the new Lancome concealer is the best she has EVER used , not recently, ever. She did the wear test and it never settled in line , i am off to decide on my shade.

@MW in Iowa   I'm not sure how much darkness or issues  Angie Hot and Flashy has under her eyes. That's important. If you have a lot of dark area, using a peach corrector is better than a heavy layer of concealer. I've never used the Lancome one. I prefer NARS Creamy Concealer because it is thin and lightweight. I like to use either Bobbi Brown corrector underneath it or Pixie peach corrector (drugstore). 

The biggest key to successfully covering darkness and not amplify it or any puffiness is the correct shade. Too light or too dark or too pink or too yellow will look false and not match your foundation.

Sometimes it's the placement of the corrector/concealer. Watch Wayne Goss's video on placement of concealers. 

Hope this helps.

I did watch that video , i think it was one of the best videos i have seen , because it was not complicated and gave different ways with different results and all in seconds not hours.

Trusted Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@decaf wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@decaf wrote:

@decaf , I don't watch her but I did watch a little of this particular video to see which concealer she is talking about because I have awful under eye dark circles.

It immediately struck me that she appears to have had a boatload of work done to her face.  Her face is so taught and tight, there is no way that is natural at her age.  It was a real turn-off to me.

I'm 53 and I do wear a full coverage concealer and I do not have problems with it getting into lines and wrinkles because I make sure I use a good moisturizing eye cream during the day.  If a concealer makes my eyes look dry and cakey, I move on to something else.

I also use a peach color corrector prior to concealer.  That made a world of difference.   

@Lipstickdiva  I've been using Pixi peach under eye corrector for a few months because I have dark circles too.  I'm not sure if that's what could be contributing to the really dry skin under my eyes.  At first it was great, I could wear it with just concealer over my  BB Cream and it looked very natural.  Even though I always use an eye cream first, my undereye skin is just feeling and looking dry.  I may stop using the Pixi corrector for two weeks and see if it improves.

You so right, H+F Angie and the others will tout this new Lancome concealer until the newest and greatest comes along.  I think she's 58, she's definitely had stuff done, fillers at least, it's not the products she's helping to sell that's making a drastic difference on her.

Respected Contributor

@decaf wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@decaf wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@decaf wrote:

@Lipstickdiva  I've been using Pixi peach under eye corrector for a few months because I have dark circles too.  I'm not sure if that's what could be contributing to the really dry skin under my eyes.  At first it was great, I could wear it with just concealer over my  BB Cream and it looked very natural.  Even though I always use an eye cream first, my undereye skin is just feeling and looking dry.  I may stop using the Pixi corrector for two weeks and see if it improves.

You so right, H+F Angie and the others will tout this new Lancome concealer until the newest and greatest comes along.  I think she's 58, she's definitely had stuff done, fillers at least, it's not the products she's helping to sell that's making a drastic difference on her.

It did make a major difference on her and it still looked good after her hours long check in , the eye that she didn't set with powder didn't look as good, Angie has told what she has done , and nothing that can make the difference this concealer did , that being said it may look terrible on me , when i get mine.

Honored Contributor

@MW in Iowa @decaf @Lipstickdiva @Shelbelle @lkat  and any others.

Have you ever seen the lighting setup in these YT women who are recommending makeup brands items? They spend thousands on ring lights, reflectors, the perfect camera and angles to eliminate shows. They know how to position their faces to eliminate shadows.

Keep in mind, they also are paid and gifted these items to give a positive review.

Honored Contributor

@decaf wrote:

@decaf   I'm not seeing my response to you, so may have missed your question. Are you referring to only the Lancome concealer? 

The best answer is that if your face and undereye is properly hydrated and the concealer is a shade lighter than your complexion to brighten under the eyes, it can be obvious w/o foundation. I like NARS concealer because it's not heavy and kind of sheer.It's easy to blend. There are so many shades, you should be able to find one 1/2 shade lighter so it won't be as obvious when blended. I don't wear foundation and use this concealer. 

I have no opinion on the Lancome one since I've never used it.