Re: Looking for a new concealer , Hot and Flashy said

[ Edited ]

@MW in Iowa wrote:

@decaf wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@decaf wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@decaf wrote:

@Shanus  I don't wear foundation so I'd be interested to know if this concealer works well with just a bb cream or even alone without foundation.  I've found some full coverage concealers only look right when blended into a real foundation. 

@decaf   I stay clear of full coverage concealers. They rarely work if you have the slightest bit of wrinkling or dryness under the eyes. I don't wear foundation and find a lightweight concealer works fine. Of course, color/shade is the key AND proper hydration with an eye cream, too. 

A full coverage concealer, in your skin tone shade, works great for covering imperpections, but just not under the eye unless you're younger w/ no issues of lines or puffiness. It will only exaggerate this. 

ITA with all you said, I suppose I'll be reading reviews from women over 50 since this one is called their 'full coverage ' concealer.   H+F Angie always wears foundation and also looks like she has fillers or had work done, so, for me, she's not always the person who decides what's the absolute best product.

@decaf , I don't watch her but I did watch a little of this particular video to see which concealer she is talking about because I have awful under eye dark circles.

It immediately struck me that she appears to have had a boatload of work done to her face.  Her face is so taught and tight, there is no way that is natural at her age.  It was a real turn-off to me.

I'm 53 and I do wear a full coverage concealer and I do not have problems with it getting into lines and wrinkles because I make sure I use a good moisturizing eye cream during the day.  If a concealer makes my eyes look dry and cakey, I move on to something else.

I also use a peach color corrector prior to concealer.  That made a world of difference.   

@Lipstickdiva  I've been using Pixi peach under eye corrector for a few months because I have dark circles too.  I'm not sure if that's what could be contributing to the really dry skin under my eyes.  At first it was great, I could wear it with just concealer over my  BB Cream and it looked very natural.  Even though I always use an eye cream first, my undereye skin is just feeling and looking dry.  I may stop using the Pixi corrector for two weeks and see if it improves.

You so right, H+F Angie and the others will tout this new Lancome concealer until the newest and greatest comes along.  I think she's 58, she's definitely had stuff done, fillers at least, it's not the products she's helping to sell that's making a drastic difference on her.

It did make a major difference on her and it still looked good after her hours long check in , the eye that she didn't set with powder didn't look as good, Angie has told what she has done , and nothing that can make the difference this concealer did , that being said it may look terrible on me , when i get mine.

@MW in Iowa  That is my point.  Not everyone has had done what she's had done. When you've had fillers under your eyes like she's had, you can use powder over concealer with no problem, you have no wrinkles for the powder to settle in to.  Women who have mature eyes and no fillers will show wrinkles using powder over concealer or creasing and settling without powder.

Also this is a full coverage concealer, it's best for dark under eye circles.  It will  normally exaggerate lines and eye bags more than a medium coverage one.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Which famous makeup artist was it that had a salmon color concealer that was popular?

@Shelbelle  Maybe you're thinking of Eve Pearl?

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@MW in Iowa @decaf @Lipstickdiva @Shelbelle @lkat  and any others.

Have you ever seen the lighting setup in these YT women who are recommending makeup brands items? They spend thousands on ring lights, reflectors, the perfect camera and angles to eliminate shows. They know how to position their faces to eliminate shadows.

Keep in mind, they also are paid and gifted these items to give a positive review.

She did outdoor test in bright sunlight , i have  seen her do many other concealer reviews and none looked this good , in fact i don't think it could look better , has she had filler  under eyes ? I know she does botox and filler in nose to mouth , she does it very in frequently. I will have to go back to video , to see what she said ,  know it wasn't much.

Esteemed Contributor

Watched MAC Friday nite, and they claimed the best concealer in the U.S. I didn't get it, b/c I have about a dozen and none of them cover my dark circles. Almost all just make them worse. I've tried the eye corrector, and they don't work either. I've given up the hunt and am now just using my foundation under eyes. At least that doesn't make it worse. 

I purchased MAC's three pencil eye liner in BlackBrown/Aubergine. They had some good prices Friday. Has anybody tried their Powder foundation? Claimed the best in the country. And w/o Plastic Surgeon's help!

Honored Contributor

@MW in Iowa  - Looking forward to your review.  Hoping it works as well for you as it did for H & F.

Despite what some may think, not all You Tubers are dishonest about product results just because they've received them for free.  I don't find Angie to be dishonest.

Respected Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@MW in Iowa  - Looking forward to your review.  Hoping it works as well for you as it did for H & F.

Despite what some may think, not all You Tubers are dishonest about product results just because they've received them for free.  I don't find Angie to be dishonest.

I agree , she has made it clear when she is sponsored , and has also said when products are big fails. And we all know good lighting makes a big difference , even for me just turning your head to the right angle.

Valued Contributor

I have horrible blue/purple dark circles, mostly at the inner corner between my eyes and side of my nose.  I always use a corrector and the two I like the best are Revolution Conceal and Correct and the Pixi peach corrector.  I've tried other correctors from Bobbi Brown, Tarte, Lancome, LA Girl, Benefit and others and none work as well as the Revolution and Pixi correctors for me.  Up until now, Tarte Shape Tape (the original version) was my all time favorite concealer.  Because I'm not  using it under my eyes, I didn't have to worry about creasing.  Under my eyes, I was using the Neutrogena hydroboost stick concealer which I set with powder.  This worked well.  

After watching Angie's video, I went to Ulta and bought the Lancome concealer.  For me, it is everything she says it is.  It covers well and works great over the corrector.  I can wear it for over 12 hours and it still looks smooth.  I use it under my eyes as well as in the corners and I am very happy with the results.  It would be nice if they came out with a mini version so we can try it without spending so much.  I was lucky I got the right color and that it works so well for me.  

Respected Contributor

So glad to hear your take on it , we all know not all products are for everyone , especially concealers , i have tried so many that make me look older , but i am going to give this one a try ,  colors are the tricky part if don't use the same brand before.

Honored Contributor

@laurelei - so glad that the concealer is working for you.  I received mine yesterday but haven't tried it yet.  Hoping I like it as much as everyone else seems to.

Honored Contributor

@MW in Iowa 

Please report back after you've tried it.  I don't see how a  cream/liquid product could not settle in lines.  Some could be better than others but if you have lines and put a creamy product on top of it, isn't it going to "settle"?  I have Nars and Fenty.  I expected to like the Nars best since it's famous for their undereye concealer but I actually found Fenty to work just as well if not better on me...not perfect, better.