Valued Contributor

Re: Looking for a matte lipstick

Try NYX round lipsticks . You can check out reviews and swathes of colors on youtube.

cathy from ma

Occasional Contributor

Milani makes a wonderful line of matte lipsticks. You can pick it up at most drug stores...I always see it at CVS. Many shades to choose from. Wears wonderfully and is non-drying.

Occasional Contributor

I love the Colour Pop Matte Liquid Lipsticks, which is non-drying and so affordable (6 bucks)!

Honored Contributor

Yes Bobbi Brown's Matte lipcolor is excellent. Very pigmented and does not feel dry at all.. I have had such good luck with Bobbi Brown's lipcolors!

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector I use and love Tarte's regular lipstick. You might want to take a look at their matte lipsticks. I always check the reviews before I buy anything. And try to check-out as many websites that carry that product.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sister Golden Hair wrote:

@Boehm Collector I use and love Tarte's regular lipstick. You might want to take a look at their matte lipsticks. I always check the reviews before I buy anything. And try to check-out as many websites that carry that product.

Thanks  @Sister Golden Hair .. But  I tried Tarte's new quick dry matte lip paint.  It was awful...so drying and the colors were nothing like they appeared on the website.  So I will be returning them.  

Esteemed Contributor

Trusted Contributor

I just got Skinn's new lip dyes - love them.  Going on 5 hours now and no dryness and color is still there.  It's a new product so I'm hoping for more color choices.  Bought them on a whim as a "try me".  Glad I did.  The last ones I had like this were Chanel's (quite a while ago).  I still have them but they were/are more drying.

Honored Contributor

My current favorite is Kat Vod D Studded Something or Other in Lovecraft.  Also like Nude Stix in a variety of matte shades.  For price go to drugstore and try Maybelline Mattes.  Several colors and they perform as well as my more expensive choices.  Overall I'm finding mattes last a bit longer than others within each line.