Respected Contributor

Re: Looking for a light foundation that make your skin look younger

@beach-mom wrote:

One more thing I forgot to add: When I first considered the GA one, I went in,  got matched, and asked the MUA to apply it. Then I asked for a sample. I got enough to last a week. I played with it all week, in all types of light. I knew I was doing something right when, at a meeting at night after a long day, one of the other women there told me my skin looked amazing. I went back the next weekend and bought it! Smiley Wink

Does it have an SPF?

Contributor

I agree, with great skin an SPF is all you really need, with maybe a little blush.  With aging I have found where I used to never wear anything, now I like just a little something. I've looked & tried many items from drugstore to high end.  One I have found that I absolutely love, and is not shiney is Paula's Choice Resist Super Light Daily Defense SPF 30.  Very little coverage, which is exactly what I was looking for, and multi-function.

Honored Contributor

@feline groovy wrote:

I haven't personally, but I always hear that if you skin is pretty decent, the most you would need is a tinted moisturizer with SPF.

It just evens out  your skin tone, which is something that's associated with younger/youthful skin.  

If you go to Amazon and/or Google customer reviews, you'll find the ones that are the most lightweight and comfortable to wear.

This. You want something to even out skintone. That can be anything from a concealer or foundation used only where needed, a tinted moisturizer, a BB or CC cream, or a foundation. (Not all foundations are created equal and don't all equal mask-like coverage that hides your skin.)

I've been adding some foundation to my sunscreen every morning, basically making my own sheer tinted coverage that's just enough to even out my redness. It makes a difference and doesn't read like I'm wearing foundation. Some days I add a luminizer to the mix and others I apply a liquid luminizer to my cheekbones, browbone, the center of my forehead, and down the bridge of my nose.

Honored Contributor

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, Laura Mercier illuminating tinted mositurizer. It is about $42 a tube but will last for many months. I have gotten so many compliments about how nice my skin looks. I'm 61 with very dry skin. And sometimes I add some extra moisterizer to it too. Then a little setting powder and away I go.

Honored Contributor

@Dazlin wrote:

Does it have an SPF?

Sorry - just now seeing this! It does not. I wear sunscreen every day, so I'm not that concerned. If I do wear foundation, I wear sunscreen, primer, then foundation. If I go with a tinted moisturizer with SPF I just use one layer. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Thank you beachmom,   I could see why some replies are over looked.  The order of replies don't come up at the top.  The print has to be changed too.   I put in BOLD this time.   AS I appreciate your reply...I still don't like this new forum/site.

I hope to try the GA foundationSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, Laura Mercier illuminating tinted moisturizer. It is about $42 a tube but will last for many months. I have gotten so many compliments about how nice my skin looks. I'm 61 with very dry skin. And sometimes I add some extra moisterizer to it too. Then a little setting powder and away I go.

That's key  for dry skin like ours.  8)