Respected Contributor

Re: Looking for a great under eye cream

I used the Elysee eye cream for quite some time and had very good results.  I am always looking for the best possible product for my eyes.  I have found it in Algenist Power 360 Eye Serum.  I started using it when it was first introduced and will not stop as long as it is offered.  It has reduced the lines around my eyes as well as my dark circles and the puffiness under my eyes.  It has also lifted and firmed my eyelids.  I think I have gotten better results from Perricone Acyl Glutathione Eyelid Serum but don't always want to take the time to use two different products.

“Do not think only of your own joy, but vow to save all beings from suffering.”
Dalai Lama
Trusted Contributor

I had an eye makeover from a Chantecaille rep at Nordstrom's. The first thing she used was the under eye cream. Almost immediately, I could see results. I knew I had to have it.  The rep used about ten different products on me. I have a feeling that what she used would be about $1,000.  The eye cream alone was $132 for a small jar.  It was so good, though.  When I use up all the various eye creams I have now, I just might spring for it. 

Honored Contributor

For the past couple of years, I've been using Avon's Anew Clinical Eye Lift Pro Dual Eye System.   The little jar lasts me a couple of months (daily use).   

Trusted Contributor

@wagirl and Tgbtg:

Just wondering if you have received your SCA eye ointment and if you like it? My step mom asked me the other day what I had been using on my eyes and skin and I had to go into how much I was loving my skincare now. It made me think about y'all and so I thought I would check in with you two:-)
Honored Contributor

Hi native--I thought I would give the ointment a week, then report back. So far I don't really see much of a change--and then again, I'm not quite sure what to look for and what it's supposed to do. Haven't had time to watch Adriennes vid on H#SN. But it feels good and I only use it at night. Still have the baggage under my eyes--pretty sure the only thing that will cure that is by a shape tool of some type  ;-(

Trusted Contributor

Wagirl:

Well just keep trying:-) I hope it eventually works, thanks for letting me know:-) it might not work for the bags but it still could help crows feet if you have those. My bags were very puffy too and I am glad I found something that worked for me. I did debate even cashing my 401k in to get work done, I am glad I didn't since I need that money for other more important things.
Respected Contributor

@NativeJax, good morning!  I got the SCA eye ointment last week and have used it faithfully each night...almost a week.  I have not seen any reduction in the few wrinkles I have, or the bags, or the darkness (I'm a mess!)...lol...but I like the ointment aspect.  I just pat it in, and in the morning, the area feels soft and hydrated, which is more than I can say for other products I've tried.  I am also using it at night on my lips and upper lip lines, and that area feels better, too.  I don't expect to see improvement in a week, but so far, I like the texture of the ointment and feel of my skin the next day.

As an aside, I have read some concerns on the beauty boards about silicone and petrolatum being used in the SCA products.  I've read quite a bit online about it this weekend, and the general concensus is that the cones and petrolatum hold in moisture while the other ingredients sink into the skin.

I bought and received the Signature Club A Antarticine gel (for bags) and the SCA Upper Eye Lid fix, and I have been impressed with these two products.  They are temporary products with supposed long-term benefits, but I don't really care as they do work temporarily.  The gel has made my eyes water the two days I've used it, but I think I am getting it too close to my lash line so will back off of the lashline today.  Are my puffy bags completely deminished?  No, but they are improved by at least half.  The upper eye lid fix is nothing short of a miracle for me.  It holds my eyelids up for the day, and on days I've put makeup over it, the tugging movement of applying makeup has lowered my eyelids some...but not like where they were before.

I currently use a lot of Paula's Choice but am looking to expand my horizons with different brands/products.  So far, I have been impressed with SCA.  

Respected Contributor

Debcakes,

Which of the chantecaille eye creams did you use?  I see that there are several to choose from.  I'm always on the hunt for a great eye cream so please let me know ....

Trusted Contributor

Hi Tgbtg!
I replied much earlier but apparently didn't hit post, sorry for the delayed response. Well at least the ointment is helping you feel hydrated. I know I had problems with tears when I was using creams so the ointment removed that issue for me as well.
I know there are many posters on here that study and know much more about ingredients and products than myself. I do not make claims to be an expert by any means but I found what is working for me and am happy with the results. I have been happy with most of the SCA line. I haven't tried the two products you mentioned so maybe I will soon. Have a good night:-)
Occasional Contributor

Hi all,

Thought I would throw in my two cents.  I have some lines, dark circles, and puffiness.  The best thing I have found is hands down Zelens Triple Action Advanced Eye Cream.  The Q used to carry it but not anymore.  I purchase it from SpaceNK.  It is expensive at $145 for 0.5 ounces but it lasts me about 5 months.  It addresses all 3 issues and has a wonderful gel-like texture. 

Sometimes I put Dr. Denese Hydroshield Eye Emulsion with Aquacell Technology (A221565) on top of it at night to further reduce lines....this one doesn't address the puffiness and dark circles.  Usually though I just use Zelens alone as it is an outstanding product.