Respected Contributor

Re: Looking for a good hair towel

@AnnMarie-1 wrote:

I know you don't want a turban style, but I found these at Walmart & thought I would give a shout out, I really like them, helps keep the frizz down on my fine thin hair

They are nice large size, bigger than Turbie Twists

Evole.jpg

I know someone who uses old tee shirts in this manner. She says it cuts down on hair breakage. Same concept,  I guess. 

Frequent Contributor

This may seem strange but it works for me.  Go to the automotive department at Walmart and look for microfiber towels for your car.  These towels aren't huge bath towels and they soak up a lot of water, and aren't real expensive either.  Good Luck

Honored Contributor

@hfpint wrote:

I got an Aquis towel several weeks ago to use on my hair and really like it. It really does take more of the water out of my hair and my hair hasn't been frizzing. I also let mine air dry and I have thick naturally curly hair. The Aquis towel is sold here on the Q and Amazon.

The Aquis towel is and has been my favorite for many many years.  

Honored Contributor

@mzlg wrote:

I like to use pillow cases.

They are light weight, they soak up the water, all of my hair fits inside and no frizz.

My hair is extremely long, usually at the waist and sometimes longer. 

I'm a WEN user, however I would still use a pillow case regardless of what hair cleansing products I used. 

@mzlg  Never thought of that!   Any pillow case.... or do you have a favorite size and material like say flannel that works best???

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@hfpint wrote:

I got an Aquis towel several weeks ago to use on my hair and really like it. It really does take more of the water out of my hair and my hair hasn't been frizzing. I also let mine air dry and I have thick naturally curly hair. The Aquis towel is sold here on the Q and Amazon.

@hfpint ITA. I’ve been using microfiber towels on my curly hair for many years...less breakage and frizz. I found mine at BB&B using the 20% coupons.

Old tee shirts work well, too. 🤗

👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼 @Shanus  I have long hair and a lot of it. For years I did the towel on the head, and then it just became too heavy. Those Turbie Towels were never big enough for all my hair and when I tried to fasten it, it was painful. 

The Aquis twist towel is the best I’ve ever found and can be ordered in different sizes, why wouldn’t a company make different sizes?  Lol. 

I was watching a video last year and this lady showed how she just used a 100% cotton t shirt to dry her curly hair. I got a T-shirt and had to cut it down one seam to accommodate all my hair, but it’s all I use now. I love that Aquis, but it hangs in my BR. The T-shirt doesn’t pull on my hair and dries it just as well. So true in what you suggested and so affordable! 

Valued Contributor

Another vote for an old t-shirt.  I couldn't imagine it until I tried it; I was amazed.  You should try it before getting something else.

Honored Contributor

I plop with a t-shirt all the time. I also plop using the Evolve turbie but am careful to not get my hair in the twisted part or my curls aren’t as well defined.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

I plop with a t-shirt all the time. I also plop using the Evolve turbie but am careful to not get my hair in the twisted part or my curls aren’t as well defined.

Plop? Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse...hair Plopping is a curly girl drying technique. There are many You Tube videos if you’re interested. Search “hair Plopping”. Essentially it’s wrapping your wet hair in a t-shirt to dry It without getting any frizz and it really defines the curls. Don’t ask me how, but it works beautifully!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SurferWife wrote:

@Texasmouse...hair Plopping is a curly girl drying technique. There are many You Tube videos if you’re interested. Search “hair Plopping”. Essentially it’s wrapping your wet hair in a t-shirt to dry It without getting any frizz and it really defines the curls. Don’t ask me how, but it works beautifully!

@SurferWife, I've used the technique as well. Yes, anyone interested should google it and not just wrap their hair in a towel because the important part is bending over and gathering your hair in front of you on a towel that you then wrap up. It's not difficult but instructions and/or video are necessary to get it right.

As an aside, I love the Aquis towels. I buy them on Amazon.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland