Valued Contributor

Looking for a good hair towel

I need a few more towels to dry my hair but can't seem to find any. All I can find are either bath-size towels (way too big) or the turban type (turbie twists, etc.). I don't need the turban type since I always just let my hair air dry. I simply want to take a small towel, squeeze the excess water out, and then let it dry--no need to wrap up in a turban. Currently I have 3 small towels that I got years ago and which are the perfect size, but I am finding that I could use a few more. Can't find anything that size. Would anyone have any suggestions where I can find towels that are bigger than hand towels but smaller (a lot) than bath towels. Would really appreciate any help. Thanks.

Super Contributor

Re: Looking for a good hair towel

I got an Aquis towel several weeks ago to use on my hair and really like it. It really does take more of the water out of my hair and my hair hasn't been frizzing. I also let mine air dry and I have thick naturally curly hair. The Aquis towel is sold here on the Q and Amazon.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I know you don't want a turban style, but I found these at Walmart & thought I would give a shout out, I really like them, helps keep the frizz down on my fine thin hair

They are nice large size, bigger than Turbie Twists

Evole.jpg

Honored Contributor

Check out the Devacare towel on Amazon

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@qualityshopper...I agree with @AnnMarie-1...the Evolve turbines are FANTASTIC! I have NO frizz and my curls come out perfect.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Trusted Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@qualityshopper...I agree with @AnnMarie-1...the Evolve turbines are FANTASTIC! I have NO frizz and my curls come out perfect.

High Five @SurferWife !!!

Trusted Contributor

I like to use pillow cases.

They are light weight, they soak up the water, all of my hair fits inside and no frizz.

My hair is extremely long, usually at the waist and sometimes longer. 

I'm a WEN user, however I would still use a pillow case regardless of what hair cleansing products I used. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@qualityshopper

I started a thread on the Home forum for this exact problem. I was finding all towels in stores to be either bath size (too big) or hand size (too small) so I  looked online and found a lot of them on eBay and Amazon. I ordered some from eBay yesterday in a 24 x 48 inch size.  Good luck. 

Edited to add: You can measure the towels you have and just put in a search using those dimensions. You'd be surprised what you can find on the internet. I measured a towel I was using and it was a little smaller than the ones I ordered but I wanted to allow for shrinkage. They also sell towels in a 22 x 44 inch size, if that's closer to what you'r looking for.  HTH

Honored Contributor

@hfpint wrote:

I got an Aquis towel several weeks ago to use on my hair and really like it. It really does take more of the water out of my hair and my hair hasn't been frizzing. I also let mine air dry and I have thick naturally curly hair. The Aquis towel is sold here on the Q and Amazon.

@hfpint ITA. I’ve been using microfiber towels on my curly hair for many years...less breakage and frizz. I found mine at BB&B using the 20% coupons.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@hfpint wrote:

@hfpint ITA. I’ve been using microfiber towels on my curly hair for many years...less breakage and frizz. I found mine at BB&B using the 20% coupons.

Old tee shirts work well, too. 🤗