Esteemed Contributor

Re: Looking for a good Cleanser for AM!

I have really been loving the Cerave hydrating cleanser. It is very similiar to the paulas choice resist cleanser but much more affordable.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Deleted my question and reposted in the drugstore thread. 

Honored Contributor

OP is looking for a "gentle exfoliating cleanser". Many of the posts here are mentioning anything but.

Respected Contributor

I do my face after my hair and I use hairspray so I always feel the need to get that off my face before I move forward.

Since I cleanse good and night and shower in the morning, I normally just use Tacha powder (grain type) in the morning after I am done doing my hair, it feels like it cleans enough and preps my skin for my next skin care steps and makeup, i do not use all of Tatch but I do like the Tatch powder for this reason.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I used this Olay cleanser for many years. It used to come in a white tube with red labeling but they changed it. It's a really good gentle cleanser with mild exfoliation. I don't know why I ever stopped using it. I may go back to it...it's that good. Lots of great reviews anywhere it's sold.

ProX by Olay Exfoliating Renewal Face Cleanser, Anti-Aging, 6 fl oz

$29 at Amazon.

Old packaging looked like this. You may have seen this before:

download (1).jpg

@SilleeMee - do you know what the exfoliating substance is in this?  Didn't see any active ingredient listed. Thanks!

Respected Contributor

I would just use something simple like Cetaphil and remove with a wash cloth.  Philosphy's exfoliating cleanser is also a nice choice.  Try something inexpensive from the drug store.  Most will allow you to return if you don't like it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@HerRoyaLioness 

The Olay ProX cleanser uses silica as a physical exfoliant. That ingredient is used in many exfoliating products as well as in toothpastes. It's a very mild abrasive.

Silica can be called by different names such as:

silicone dioxide

hydrated silica

diatomaceous earth

silica extract

certain clays

Most silica is simply glass...commonly known as quartz.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee - ok, that's good to know, thanks - I just ordered some and am anxious to try it.  Most exfoliating cleansers dry my skin out or don't really exfoliate at all, but this one sound promising!

Honored Contributor

@HerRoyaLioness 

I'm glad you are going to try the Olay ProX. If you ordered it from Amazon then you can return it for free if you decide not to keep it.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee - yes ordered though Amazon, it was the least expensive.  It sounds like what I have been looking for, but gave up on finding.  I rarely return things, but good to know I can if it really doesn't work out.