Esteemed Contributor

Re: Looking for a good Cleanser for AM!

I'm in your age range with sensitive skin. What works for me is Lancer's Polish & Cleanse or Dr. Denese Microdermabrasion Cleanser. I alternate between the two because that's what works best for me. Either brand is great. What I really like is that you only need a little bit of product to clean your entire face. No residue left behind. I love the way my skin looks with both products.

Honored Contributor

found a Perricone Citrus cleanser at Costco recently and I like that as well but the likelihood of seeing it there again is zero, but it is also a very nice 

the exact name escapes me 

Honored Contributor

@Fressa wrote:

I'm in your age range with sensitive skin. What works for me is Lancer's Polish & Cleanse or Dr. Denese Microdermabrasion Cleanser. I alternate between the two because that's what works best for me. Either brand is great. What I really like is that you only need a little bit of product to clean your entire face. No residue left behind. I love the way my skin looks with both products.

@Fressa Have tried Lancer's and do really like it, as well as Tatcha's!

Esteemed Contributor

@monicakm , you don't use any cleanser at all? I wouldn't think just plain water would be enough to remove skincare products, unless it's micellar water. Maybe pure water works and I  never tried it as I always use a cleanser. Neutrogena Deep Clean and Aveeno calming cleanser are both good. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Esteemed Contributor

Love my Dermalogica. 

Honored Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

@monicakm , you don't use any cleanser at all? I wouldn't think just plain water would be enough to remove skincare products, unless it's micellar water. Maybe pure water works and I  never tried it as I always use a cleanser. Neutrogena Deep Clean and Aveeno calming cleanser are both good. 

Like @monicakm I also don't wash my face in the morning.  Either splash well with warm water or use a toner.  The only time I actually wash my face in the morning is if I work out and get real sweaty.  I've been just rinsing or toning in the morning for quite a while and it seems fine.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CANDLEQUEEN   At night, I use Bobbi Brown's Soothing Cleansing Oil. It emulsifies w/ water after massaging it into your skin, removes eye makeup, too. I rarely need a second cleanse.

In the morning, I rarely wash my face...just several splashes of cold water. If I wore a heavy moisturizer and my face feels like it needs washing, I use Cetaphil Gentle Face Wash. 

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

If you want squeaky clean then try Estee Lauder Perfectly Clean.  For mild but clean, Aveeno Ultra Calming Foam, and Clarins liquid cleansers come in several strengths and I haven't had any issues with the milder ones.

I have tried Cerave and Cetaphil cleansers and never feel like they really rinse off well.  

@Sooner   Sometimes squeaky clean is not good for skin or hair. It means it can be stripped of necessary oils. 

Honored Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

@teganslaw   The skincare you appled the night before should have been absorbed and not still on the face. If your face still feels very greasy, you may have too much moisturizer.

Respected Contributor

I use CeraVe hydrating cleanser. CeraVe also has a foaming cleanser that is good for oily skin.

There are other reason to cleanse in the moring than to take-off nightime products, to remove sweat and dead skin. I find makeup goes on much better after cleansing in the morning and I am not putting sunscreen on an unwashed face.

The CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser Is Great for Oily Skin ...