Honored Contributor

Re: Looking for a good CC cream

@SilleeMee wrote:

@LuvmyLab 

What is it about CC cream that makes it better than a regular foundation? I know what the difference is. Do you need spf or something else?

@SilleeMee   I was going to ask the same question. It's easier to match a foundation to your skin tone and much better to use enough spf underneath. There's usually not enough serum, primer, or spf in a CC Cream Foundation and still need an spf and serum for neck in chest. All these "extras" are what sometimes cause the CCs to be more oily (include moisturizers) and either start out too yellow or oxidize later in the day.

Super Contributor

I had a similar problem with IT Cosmetics CC Cream. Although I have yellow undertones, I found the Fair to be too pale and the Light to be too dark (yellow). I had mixed them before and it was ok but not great and costly.

My hair stylist sells Arbonne and I love their CC cream with SPF. I buy the Light (yellow undertones) and it matches my skin perfectly. They also make a Fair which has cool undertones. I am not an Arbonne distributor but I do love this product! 

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee  I have always worn foundations but when I  saw the It CC Cream on QVC years ago it sounded like something I wanted to try. It gave me the right coverage I was looking for. I always use a sunscreen even if my foundation/cc cream contains it.  As I mentioned before though it is too yellow for me. They need to make a Fair with cool undertones. I have been using the Thrive CC Cream and am really liking it. I wear the Fair and it has cool undertones.  

Honored Contributor

@LuvmyLab 

Maybe a trip to counter might help. That way they can show you more options, and possibly find a product which will work for you. Good luck!Woman Happy