Trusted Contributor

I have been using IT Cosmetic's CC Cream ever since it came out. I use the Fair color but it is too yellow for me (says on their website it has warm undertones). They need to make a fair with cool undertones.  Anyway, any suggestions on a good CC Cream that has a fair or porcelain shade with cool undertones? Thanks much! 

Honored Contributor

Re: Looking for a good CC cream

[ Edited ]

@LuvmyLab  Good luck because I am always looking for a BB or CC without a luminous finish (so many come that way).  I like matte or natural finish.  You may want to try Clinique.  I know they have a BB and a CC.  I am like you looking for a pink undertone or neutral.  Also, Tarte has a BB tinted moisturizer with light to medium coverage for $36 on their website.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Colorscience Even Up Perfector is amazing.  It comes in one sheer shade but the way they made it with color-correcting pigments makes it blur out imperfections. Has SPF 50 and is also a treatment product for lightening up dark spots. Hang on to your socks...the price is $125 / 1-oz. I got to try it from my derm and fell in love with it but the price, I can't afford to keep buying it. I really love it though!

Regular Contributor

Wish I could help, but I agree, I wear the fair, but it is way too yellow.  I wish they had something more pink.

Trusted Contributor

@LuvmyLab wrote:

I have been using IT Cosmetic's CC Cream ever since it came out. I use the Fair color but it is too yellow for me (says on their website it has warm undertones). They need to make a fair with cool undertones.  Anyway, any suggestions on a good CC Cream that has a fair or porcelain shade with cool undertones? Thanks much! 

I tried IT CC cream in fair and fairly light...but it was too yellow for me.....and a little too drying...

I have gone back to my all time favorite...Elizabeth Arden Ceramide foundation in Vanilla shell #2. 
It has neutral pink undertones and great light coverage.  I have fair skin.  
 I also sometimes just use bare minerals original bisque as a quick foundation which has very cool undertones.   

Honored Contributor

How do you figure out needing pink undertones or neutral?  

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden  One easy way is to look at your veins on your wrist.  If they are blue, you are cool (pink); green you are warm (yellow) and if you really can't tell you are neutral.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I lkie Clinque CC cream.  I wear light neutral.  It does have a dewy finish but it covers well and its lightweight.  It also has SPF 30.

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@SeaMaiden  One easy way is to look at your veins on your wrist.  If they are blue, you are cool (pink); green you are warm (yellow) and if you really can't tell you are neutral.

@Katcat1  Blue veins....so cool. What color would a foundation be called for cool ?

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden  Normally, when different undertones are offered, they are labeled as such Almond cool; Bique warm; Ginger neutral.  Something like that. You won't have to guess.  Off the top of my head, Rhianna Fenty foundation offers about 40 different shades.

kindness is strength