Super Contributor

Re: Looking for a drugstore liquid eyeliner, any suggestions?

I also like the ones with a thin brush.

I soooo loved the old, original PF lash booster liquid liner but I think it has been discontinued because I never, ever see it in stores. I think it has been replaced by the one mentioned by above posters. I am glad to hear that others like it.

I have a liquid liner from Rimmel that has a super super thin brush and creates a really thin line. While I wouldn't use this everyday, I do like it when I want a really thin line. I will mention that it takes a moment to dry. I will repurchase this.

Respected Contributor

I have issues with it not drying quickly and smearing, so I tend to stay away from them. I have been wearing my glasses for quite a while due to allergies, so eyeliner for me.
Occasional Contributor

I'm never without L'Oreal's Lineur Intense liquid eyeliner. I use the "original" format which comes in a tapered gold applicator that is very easy to maneuver. I think there is a newer version in the inkwell type bottle, which I haven't tried. The very fine brush is made not of bristles but foam (?) that is very fine, tapered, and of just the right flexibility - not too smooshy. It's not like a felt tip. The liquid formula dries quickly and doesn't smudge; stays perfect all day and evening. The color Earthen Rock is a perfect mix of charcoal and dark brown, really an off-black. I read that it's Martha Stewart's favorite brand and shade; I hope that's insurance it won't be discontinued as I've been using it for about ten years. It still seems widely available in drugstores and Walmart for about 8-9 dollars. Sounds like there are many good ones out there!
Honored Contributor

Best I have ever used is WetnWild liquid liner in #686 black/brown....the color looks black ut not too black.....I like the tiny thin brush so I can get a very thin line if I want. I only use it on upper lid and it lasts until I take it off.WM and Target carry it; about $1.50 I have used Revlon, L'oreal, and several others but like this better and a bottle lasts much longer too
Frequent Contributor

Highly recommend the Physicians Formula Eye Booster 2 in 1 eyeliner (silver case). This has become my everyday go to eyeliner. It's fantastic. It has a slim brush and you don't need a steady hand, b/c I don't have one. Somehow, that little brush stays close to the lash line and lets you get a perfect line every time. It's also got a tension cap which means that it doesn't dry out quickly. Physicians Formula also sells a felt tip liner that comes in a chubbier pencil, but I prefer the brush tip.

Super Contributor

Thanks for all the suggestions, I'll definetely look for these next time I'm out!
Frequent Contributor

I also like the liquid liner with the thin brush. My hands-down favorite is that old standby, Maybelline UltraLiner. The L'Oreal is pretty good, too, but I have been using UltraLiner since the 70s and will continue to use it as long as they keep making it. It lasts until you take it off with oil-based remover.

Contributor

The one I like best is Jordana Color Envy Liquid Liner in Black Envy. You can find these at Walgreens near the check out in cosmetics. The price and quality are very good.