Super Contributor

Looking for a creamy matte lip

I'm looking for a comfortable, creamy, soft matte lip formula. Nothing dry, sticky, or cracking. Any suggestions?
Honored Contributor

Re: Looking for a creamy matte lip

Clinique Soft Matte lipsticks.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

I second the Clinique suggestion, plus Lancome has some new matte forumlations in their L'Asolu Rouge line, very pretty, creamy and last well.  Neither of these choices is drying on me and look and feel great.

Respected Contributor

Too Faced LaMatte Lipstick

Occasional Contributor

Would you believe Maybelline Colorsensational lipstick?  I am 64 and have searched for matte lipstick which would not look dry and cracked. Wanted to try a matte as their supposed to be long lasting.  Saw a display in Walmart of Maybelline lipsticks.  Saw a color I just thought was beautiful (105-Pink Wink).  Thought oh let me give it a try as it was only $6.99.  I had no idea they were matte!  Got home and tried on and loved the color.  Wore to work the next day and was shocked at lunch there was still color on my lips.  Researched a little and found this lipstick is matte!  It is also creamy, does not look dry and cracked, leave a ring around your lips when it wears off and the price is amazing, Plus the brand is sold everywhere and and there are an enormous amount of colors.  

Honored Contributor

Cat Very Happy@StillRachB,    Bobbi Brown put matte lipstick on the map back in late 90's.  Her matte lipstick is wonderful.  Over a month ago, I purchased her creamy matte in Brown. 

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@StillRachB and @Katcat1

Bobbi Brown  Creamy Matte in Tawny Pink is also a winner.

I have cool undertones so BB's warmer lippies dont work as well for me. TP is lovely and doesnt crack.

Respected Contributor

I like the Maybelline matte lipsticks. I really recommend the Colourpop lipsticks (not the liquid ones) as they have different formulas from matte to sheer. They are $5 and they always make a lip liner to coordinate with them. 

Esteemed Contributor

This isn't flat matte, but I like the Bobbi Brown pot rouges. They seem to wear well, too!

Honored Contributor

I think Charlotte Tilbury is the best I've ever used. Different. Pricey. All I need is the right shade.