New Contributor

Looking for a change. Josie Maran to Peter Thomas Roth

I am 54 years old and I am looking for something that helps with aging skin. I have tried Josie Maran. I did love the feel of the the oil, but I didnt see any change. I have been using it for a little over a year. 

I was thinking about trying Peter Thomas Roth. I am out sure where to start. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regular Contributor

Re: Looking for a change. Josie Maran to Peter Thomas Roth

PTR has several anti-aging sets that I see offered by QVC, and I really like the Water Drench Hyaluronic Cloud Cream. 

Esteemed Contributor

I'm in my sixites...and I found the argan oil was too rich for my skin. I use Peter Thomas Roth's Water Drench Cloud products. I use the Cloud cream cleanser, the CC hydrating moisturizer and the serum. These products contain hyaluronic acid which attracts 1,000 times its weight in water from the atmosphere. My face feels moisturized after I wash it...and using the moisturizer it stays moist all day. I love this stuff! Been using it it since last winter..when my skin really would get dry. Its gentle, fragrance free, safe for all skin types. I have sensitive skin. HTH~

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor

Nutrogena anti wrinkle  night cream     <3  (Amazon)

Respected Contributor

About 5 years ago my dermatologist told me to use Serious Skin Care from the other network. I use it twice a day and my skin looks very good for 53. I use the A defiance line and her vitamin C line.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Honored Contributor

WOW @Ldaly! I made that EXACT switch a few years back. Although she has a few products I use, her line on general doesn’t offer some of the advance anti-aging that my skin needs, e.g., retinol, AHAs, VItamen C serum, etc. In the last year, though, I switched from PTR to Paula’s Choice so I can’t really opine on his newer products, but his retinol, masks (I love the Irish Moor Mud) & Unwrinkle peel pads are fabulous!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@Ldaly  Start with one of his sets that is reasonably priced.  He offers quite a few.  This way you can test out some of his products to see what you like or dislike.    Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

You don’t know how your skin will react to the various recommendations you get until you try them. It can be costly and time consuming, but trial and error is the only way I know to find the products that will work for you.

I think it would help if you identify your specific skin issues. Mine are skin texture, dehydration, under eye puffiness. and sagging. So I searched for products that could help with these problems. Topicals don’t help sagging, so I searched for products to help with my other issues. It took a long time, but I finally found most of the products and supplements I needed. 

Also, there are many skincare brands that have never been presented on tv or advertised in print. Of my current staples, only one brand is from a tv shopping channel. The others, I never heard of.  I found them by searching for products related to my specific issues.

Good luck.

ETA: Don’t be surprised if you don’t like every product in a skincare brand.  It might be different for you, but I have never found a skincare line where every product agrees with me. Just something that might happen.

Super Contributor

Yes Argan oil is a good Moistuizer but it cannot penetrate the lipid barrier to change wrinkles etc.. The only thing that really works is use Retinol or Retin a and collagen to take ( marine collagen) Andrew lessman is amazing and a lipid based Moistuizer .. that is all you need.. but with that said use PTR Retinol PM that is good.. 

Valued Contributor

I'm 69 and have been using PTR for about 4 years. His Retinol serum is the best. I have switched to others but always go back. I love his CC cream, best there is for my skin. I love his eye creams.

Watch for his kits to try his products. I have used Josies products with no difference from over the counter products.

The other thing I use is copper peptides. I have found they work on sun damage along with PTR retinol. I use them together.

I also read that argon oil is a surface moisturizer which does nothing for the skin except moisturize. It is surface moisturizer. The bottom line is any moistrizer will prevent moisture loss. Retinol and copper peptides penetrate the skin.