Honored Contributor

Re: Looking for a callus remover thingie, which one is better ?

On 3/15/2015 luvmyz3 said: Has anyone here used Baby Foot? I just bought it last week and used it 5 days ago. Yesterday I started with the peeling which I understand can take 2 wks to complete. It gets a lot of rave reviews and a few not so great ones. I was just wondering if anyone had any experience using it.

Good luck! Let us know how you like the results - and the process!

I have heard of it & know some people who have used it. They are happy with the results. I'm not sure I want to spend that long shedding skin. And I am happy with my Emjoi.

Honored Contributor

I have a diamond paddle from Bliss that smooths everything better than emjoli.

Frequent Contributor

Thanks willdob3....you do have to plan ahead with this one, lol! I am hoping it will do a good job then I can find something to maintain. I have been considering the Emjoi as well.
Super Contributor

On 3/15/2015 suzyQ3 said:
On 3/15/2015 RachB said: I use Earth Therapeutics foot file that you can buy at ulta. I bought the emjoi. With the file, I can accomplish in 5 minutes what it takes the emjoi 20 minutes to do.

Someone here had mentioned it. It might have been you. I bought it a couple months ago, and it accomplishes exactly what I want for very little money. I just wanted a very basic way to have relatively smooth feet, and it accomplishes that.

Rach B and Suzy, I haven't tried this particular file. I stopped using a file when I had gone to a salon where they used a roller tool similar to Emjoi but more "industrial". I asked about this and the salon owner said they rarely use files now because the back and forth motion of files can be rough on the skin and cause miniature breakages in the long run and that in the end produces more calluses (skin wants to protect the foot). It is far gentler on the skin to have something that either rotates/buffs or rolls gently and where the pad or roller is not sandpaper grade. {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Respected Contributor

I have an Emjoi but never felt it did a good job. I went to the Ped Egg which works well for me. I just heard of a product called Baby Feet on the Today Show a couple of weeks ago. I googled it, sounds promising. I may try that.

Respected Contributor

I like Ped Egg.

Honored Contributor

On 3/15/2015 Crisso said:
On 3/15/2015 suzyQ3 said:
On 3/15/2015 RachB said: I use Earth Therapeutics foot file that you can buy at ulta. I bought the emjoi. With the file, I can accomplish in 5 minutes what it takes the emjoi 20 minutes to do.

Someone here had mentioned it. It might have been you. I bought it a couple months ago, and it accomplishes exactly what I want for very little money. I just wanted a very basic way to have relatively smooth feet, and it accomplishes that.

Rach B and Suzy, I haven't tried this particular file. I stopped using a file when I had gone to a salon where they used a roller tool similar to Emjoi but more "industrial". I asked about this and the salon owner said they rarely use files now because the back and forth motion of files can be rough on the skin and cause miniature breakages in the long run and that in the end produces more calluses (skin wants to protect the foot). It is far gentler on the skin to have something that either rotates/buffs or rolls gently and where the pad or roller is not sandpaper grade. {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Thanks, Crisso. The one I have is not described as a file but as a wand, which uses what they call crystalline abrasion cells. Their pedicure file, IIRC, was more abrasive.

This one felt relatively gentle compared to some others. I use it lightly in a circular motion when my feet are wet. So far it seems to do a decent enough job.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

I just rec'd the Ped Egg Power Platinum that HSN sells, I plan on sitting down later today and giving myself a nice pedi! I will report back how I like it, I am kinda surprised not one other poster here has tried this one, it looks very nice and has extra rollers too!!

(I just picked up OPI with a Nice Finn-ish, a warm, mellowed bronze color from HSN this weekend, cant wait to try it on my toes, I think it will look awesome on tan tootsies this summer!)

For any of you gals whose feets still feel kinda rough after using your preferred method, a plain old emery board will smooth down the remaining ruff spots. You can get multi packs of them at any dollar store.

Honored Contributor

I dont like gizmos and gadgets that have batteries or need to be charged. I use the callus remover from SoF Feet, got it on amazon. It is mesh hand held device that works great, it had excellent reviews which made me buy it.

Respected Contributor

This is the one I have used for a couple years and it is awesome, it is sturdy and spoon shaped so it really works well, you can use the backside for flatter areas. I has always done a great job for me but there was another thread here awhile back on this subject and it got me curious on the battery powered ones!

drscholls.com/productsandbrands/Products/dreamwalkerexfoliatingstonefile/index.aspx

A great product...