Respected Contributor

Re: Looking for a Blue Based Red Lipstick

[ Edited ]

@monicakm wrote:

Hubby says it's too bright.  I knew it was but thought I just needed to get used to it.

@monicakm   You can still wear it.  Instead of applying like lipstick,  just DOT it on your lips and spread the color with a lip balm or sheer lip tint.  It will be muted and so pretty.  I do that a lot with colors that I love that may be too bright, dark, or just too much,  if worn alone. 

Honored Contributor

Thank you @nyc1   I'll play around with it.  

Respected Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

Thank you @nyc1   I'll play around with it.  

You can control the depth of color that way.  More dots, less dots... up to you!  Have fun.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@monicakm 

Another suggestion is to put a little gloss, clear or a color, I know you like to play, on the side of the lipstick bullet. Mix well using a lipstick brush and apply. This will sheer down the color making it more balm or gloss like, which you love. Of course the color depth will be based on how much pigment you choose to blend together. This tip was shared by Holly Mordinii when she repped Smashboxx here on the Q. I've done this so many times with colors I liked but were too deep and dark.

💄💋🤗�

Hugs to Mom!

Honored Contributor

Wow, another great idea!  Thanks so much!  I know I used to wear this color a long LONG time ago...or maybe it was the fingernail polish.  Last night I thought about just applying a little to  the center of my lips and fading it to the outer parts.  A look I often see in some Korean lip looks.

Super Contributor

Thx for this thread. Just ordered Red Revival and Cherries in the Snow. I need the blue and am missing the beautiful red in my wardrobe.
Honored Contributor

I love how forums like this can help more than just the OP.  Enjoy!