Honored Contributor

Re: Looking for a Blue Based Red Lipstick

@DrKelli and @monicakm Looked on Ulta's website at Cherries in the Snow and it looks like it has a lot of purple in it.  Is that how you also see it?

Respected Contributor

@monicakm 

Cherries in the Snow by Revlon is a really good one. You can always apply a gloss over it if you think it's too dark. I think I have the nail polish too. One nice thing, it's not expensive. Woman Wink

Respected Contributor

@JudyL 

No purple in the Cherries in the Snow. If it did I couldn't wear it.

@JudyL wrote:

@DrKelli and @monicakm Looked on Ulta's website at Cherries in the Snow and it looks like it has a lot of purple in it.  Is that how you also see it?

Regular Contributor

I have posted this before. My favorite red is Rimmel’s “Kiss Me You Fool.” It’s about $7 and stays on forever.
Honored Contributor

@monicakm   Here is one you may like.  It's by Make Up Forever.  It's a Satin finish.  $20.  410 Cherry Muse.  Item #6288385 at Nordstrom.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@monicakm   Okay, here is another choice a lip gloss by MAC Holiday edition.  "Drank the Love Potion,"  $20.  Item # 6812136 @ Nordstrom.

kindness is strength
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

I looked up this lipstick, Rimmer's Kiss Me You Fool, and it looks beautiful. But I see it's one of those 16 hour lipsticks and usually those are very drying for me. Do you find this one to be very drying?

Respected Contributor

My FAVORITE Blue Red lipstick is Bobbi Brown's POPPY Nourishing Lip Color.   It also has a sheerness to it.  I often times will top it with a BB ip tint when I want to change it up.    The sad thing is that it's being discontinued so it is now selling for $20.30 on the website.  I stocked up...  I now have 9,  and may buy more.   It's really very flattering and a gorgeous color.  

I must wear a blue red.  Any orange or warmth in the red makes me look sick!

Honored Contributor

Got my Revlon Cherries in the Snow this past weekend.  Just tried it on today.  Ummm, I'm just not a lipSTICK girl.  Haven't been in decades.  I was about to wipe it off when I saw my Fenty Ruby Milk gloss bomb.  They are the exact same color and I love the Ruby Milk.  So I topped the Revlon with Fenty and viola!  Double the wear time and with a gloss Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Hubby says it's too bright.  I knew it was but thought I just needed to get used to it.