Honored Contributor

Looking for a Blue Based Red Lipstick

I don't wear lipstick, just glosses and tints but I'm considering a blue based/cool red.  Nothing bold!  Not matte and with some shine.  Any suggestions?  Drugstore is fine.

Respected Contributor

Re: Looking for a Blue Based Red Lipstick

Revlon's Cherries in the Snow.  But it is a red lipstick and may be too bold for you.  It is the  only red I can wear--I need that blue base as well.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I just Googled blue based red lipsticks and they have a list of several to choose from.

Frequent Contributor

Hi, monicakm!  I shop for my sweet mom as she no longer drives. One of her staples is Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Color - 'Red Revival' #645.  Mom has me bring an additional tube even when her previous tube hasn't run out as she can't bear to be without it. The color looks beautiful on her, subtle and not too flashy. Mom also uses it it as ruge (blush) and it blends easily on her cheeks. I get it at CVS but Target also sells Red Revival. In my humble opinion, the color shown for Red Revival online is incorrect.  Mom never looks too made up. People literally approach her as we're leaving restaurants or walking through her apartment complex to compliment her on her appearance. Hope this helps! Take care and God Bless You! : ) 

Honored Contributor

Wet n Wild Stoplight Red.  It's the perfect shade of red. 

Valued Contributor

@DrKelli Revlon's Cherries in the Snow  is what I also thought of immediately. It was my mother's main lipstick, as long a I knew her. Definitely a blue red. After she passed, I found various tubes in drawers and her purses. There was another color by Coty, but basically C in the S. She wore it even around the house and taught me why I should always wear colored lipstick, and not that pale stuff that's intermittently in vogue.

Unfortunately, Revlon discontinued this color in their lipstick lineup but kept it for nail polish.

Respected Contributor

Clinique Cherry Pop.
Respected Contributor

@laluzdelmundo  I just bought Cherries in the Snow this year.  I use it at ballroom dance competitions.

Respected Contributor

I have many, but love Lancome's Rouge Absolue Rose Lancome 368.  Always perfect.

Esteemed Contributor

@DrKelli - I'm not a lipstick wearer let alone red, but I have to say I just love the name!